• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments SS 16

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First experience ordering from TBB to USA. Package arrived in 3 business days (2 in transit, 1 to process). Couldn't be happier. Picked up navy Loiter and navy twill Bedford both on sale (thanks again @Biggskip ). Not sure I'll keep both as they are so similar and I already have a navy wool bedford. Loving the Loiter jacket so far. It just may be the perfect casual travel jacket for me.

tobiasfunke

Reaction score

First experience ordering from TBB to USA. Package arrived in 3 business days (2 in transit, 1 to process). Couldn't be happier. Picked up navy Loiter and navy twill Bedford both on sale (thanks again @Biggskip
). Not sure I'll keep both as they are so similar and I already have a navy wool bedford. Loving the Loiter jacket so far. It just may be the perfect casual travel jacket for me.

Did you get hit with any customs fees?

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Negative. I assume due to Made in USA goods. Fedex was the shipper.

Correctamundo! I've ordered EG from the UK three times and never been hit with customs (which of course you should never).

JasonV

Reaction score
Allowance is up to $800 now isn't it to US so you should be ok.

Also, can I ask how the fit of that Loiter is? Looks quite big/boxy from measurements but sizing down might have sleeve length issues.

whereeaglesdare

Reaction score

Also, can I ask how the fit of that Loiter is? Looks quite big/boxy from measurements but sizing down might have sleeve length issues.

Loiter size seems on par with the other style of jackets.

Im a small in the Andover and Loiter if that helps.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I took the same size as my other EG jackets, XL. It's a bit boxier and bigger in the chest by a good inch than the Bedford.

Last edited:

PocketOfTies

Reaction score
I actually sized down on loiter. Fits pretty well but could have also gone with my normal size for a slightly baggier look.

The above comments are accurate. Bigger in chest for sure vs bedford etc

tobiasfunke

Reaction score
I think the Loiter looks best when treated more like an overshirt than a blazer.

My Navy Geo Jacquard Loiter is probably my favorite EG piece to date. I went with my normal size, and while it measures larger than other jackets, it doesn't appear oversized—it has a nice casual vibe.

Last edited:

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the Navy Geo Loiter is a solid piece, great for casual wear. I don't own it, but it sounds like those who have purchased really like it, not surprisingly. I don't own it, but I get the sense it is sized like the SS15 knit wave jacket which I personally do own and really like. I own the SS15 version in a small and it's certainly oversized, but I like it that way and couldn't picture sizing down as I like it slightly oversized with the sleeves rolled back.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the Loiter looks best when treated more like an overshirt than a blazer.

My Navy Geo Jacquard Loiter is probably my favorite EG piece to date. I went with my normal size, and while it measures larger than other jackets, it doesn't appear oversized—it has a nice casual vibe.

Very well said. The Loiter is a much lighter weight garment than the Bedford. I knew it wasn't lined like many of their jackets but wasn't expecting something so light. As @tobiasfunke indicated, it's more akin to a shirt weight than jacket weight. Still love it!

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a loiter jacket. It's the same cut as R&T PJ jacket from last season.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads