• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 18

zunker

Reaction score
Compensated by wider shoulders? Try measuring from the center of neckline
The arms end up longer on older model field parka. The fit on the field parka is slimmer though so the length doesn’t matter as it bunches a little at the wrists - the zip parka is longer in the body of course and boxier in the body and the arms, so needs a shorter sleeve or it would be flappy. Unlike my field parka I wouldn’t just wear a shirt under the zip parka but I wanted something that can easily accommodate a chunky Bedford or a thick liner inside. Also remember it’s more in the vein of a fish tale parka so I think a little looseness is desirable aesthetically.

Chunsak

Reaction score
Anyone know anything about the Dr Martens used in the lookbook? Upcoming collab?
19_xgd53p.jpg

Leicher

Reaction score
Any Southern California guys know if Threads and Needles in Torrance still stocks EG? Worth a visit?

nineohtoo

Reaction score
Anyone know anything about the Dr Martens used in the lookbook? Upcoming collab?

R8rLOGr.jpg

Also interested in these, which appear to have released in Japan last weekend. Any word if these will hit the US? Or should I just try to proxy one of the remaining UK7s that are still available.

maregmareg

Reaction score
Could anyone comment on thickness and weight of Barbour x EG jackets? I know it's only 4oz but there's also this wax coating and some lining from what I've seen.

I like especially Zip parka so much so I started wondering if it would make sense to use it during winter with some thicker down liner? Or is it way too lightweight?

evolsirhc

Reaction score
I haven’t handled EG x Barbour yet, but my basic Barbour Bedale (I’m assuming the fabric and lining are the same) works for winters in Chicago with a light mid layer.

winston86dit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the EG Barbour Graham jacket and it’s definitely medium weight. The fabric is pretty densely woven but not exactly the warmest thing out there. But great for piling on layers underneath.

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello All,

We would like to offer you our thanks on Friday 11/23 & Saturday 11/24 with 30% off our present & past inventory.

Here's a list of our FW18 offering;

F8A0111 / 19th Century BD / Grey / Red Brushed Plaid
F8A0531 / Work Shirt / Indigo 5oz Denim
F8A0531 / Work Shirt / Red / Black Big Plaid
F8A0744 / Dayton Shirt / Dark Navy Wool Cotton Flannel
F8D0366 / Bedford Jacket / Dark Navy Uniform Serge
F8D0366 / Bedford Jacket / Grey Homespun
F8D0266 / Landsdown Jacket / Chestnut Corduroy
F8D1071 / Logger Jacket / 12oz Duck Canvas
F8F0566 / Fatigue Pant / Brown 12oz Duck Canvas
F8F0744 / Ground Pant / Khaki Chino Twill

All sales will be final and shipping is not included.

Please call us 617-547-2067
Email us [email protected]
[email protected]

Happy Thanksgiving to All!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads