• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 17

whereeaglesdare

Reaction score
This is tricky. From my experience in the last few years the ground pants are a straighter fit and the fatigues more tapered, but starting from quite a loose point (so overall quite roomy). However, the cut seems to vary from season to season quite a lot with the fatigues - one year they were absolutely massive. Also, sizing will vary with different material - 32 in the activecloth ground pants worked for me but had to take a 34 in the doublecloth (in the same season). You really need to try each one on I'm afraid, or find an online store that will do a return/exchange. Or check out Orslow, which seem to be very steady in cut and size each year.

Interesting as that's not my experience with those pants. The Fatigues in FW15 where actually slimmer than previous seasons. Since then they have become a fuller and wider leg.

The Ground Pant since SS16 has always been fairly tapered to me. I think that was the first season they did it and was replacing the USN Pant. Which itself was closer to the fatigue in fit, but with a slight taper.

You do have to watch out for the materials used as these will affect fit as well. Although I tend to be a 30" or Small in all pants.

Orslow fatigues are great. They do a slim version and a more vintage version which has a fuller leg in a variety of materials every year.

zunker

Reaction score
Interesting as that's not my experience with those pants. The Fatigues in FW15 where actually slimmer than previous seasons. Since then they have become a fuller and wider leg.

The Ground Pant since SS16 has always been fairly tapered to me. I think that was the first season they did it and was replacing the USN Pant. Which itself was closer to the fatigue in fit, but with a slight taper.

You do have to watch out for the materials used as these will affect fit as well. Although I tend to be a 30" or Small in all pants.

Orslow fatigues are great. They do a slim version and a more vintage version which has a fuller leg in a variety of materials every year.
Fair enough. I have a rule now only to buy EG trousers (any type) if i can try on first/send back. Love them but it's a lottery.

zunker

Reaction score

dood1e

Reaction score
No idea about this season but I have 5 (ahem) from different years and all medium (although last winter was definitely as tight as I would go without sizing up).
Nice nice, I'm seriously considering this season's field parka as it resembles the 2011 version, which imho looks the best (olive with the grey herringbone lining)

JRS1979

Reaction score
Not been around for a while - has the EG trading thread gone? Apologies if not but struggling to find it.

Have a FW16 Serge charcoal Bedford, brand new in size small, that I'd like to swap for a navy wool Bedford in same size and condition.

Al_Bury

Reaction score
Good morning everyone,
I am thinking of getting the field parka this season.
Does anyone here have any experience as regard to it's sizing/fitt?
Do I go TTS or downsize?

Sorry if this has been asked before

http://sculpstore.co.kr/product/field-parka-olive-ripstop-f7d1061/

I went normal size, picked it up from the Bureau last week.

Annoyingly this year they've changed the cuffs, so where the last few years they've folded outwards with a press studd to keep them in place - now the fold underneath. Completely pointless. I've got a few spare press studs so am going to get it changed.

IMG_6829.JPG

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members