• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 17

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Gary, did you ever post your picks for this season? Don't recall seeing them.
Hello David, Good to see you back, wondering where all the others are hiding. When we get back from our vacation, I'll get them up. We're presently in Lima and have been to Cusco, Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu. We saw some vintage ponchos made in traditional Alpaca with awesome designs but couldn't pull the trigger. Hoping to get some Alpaca rugs and blankets while in Lima. Lots of EG model types living the life.

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I read the recent pants sizing discussion but I'm still confused.

Do the Ground Pants and Fatigue pants fit the same except for more room in the top block of the Ground or is one significantly slimmer than the other?

Any help is appreciated. I just received some Ground and love he fit so I'm wondering if I should even bother with the Faitgue.

jlchau

Reaction score

Do the Ground Pants and Fatigue pants fit the same except for more room in the top block of the Ground or is one significantly slimmer than the other?

Any help is appreciated. I just received some Ground and love he fit so I'm wondering if I should even bother with the Faitgue.

I have Fatigues from SS '15 and Ground Pants from SS '17 both in tagged size 30. The Fatigues definitely have more room in the top block. I have to use at least one of the side button cinches on the Fatigues and cannot use any of the button cinches on the Ground (already fits snug and sits higher on my waist). Taper is also a bit more aggressive than Fatigues.

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have Fatigues from SS '15 and Ground Pants from SS '17 both in tagged size 30. The Fatigues definitely have more room in the top block. I have to use at least one of the side button cinches on the Fatigues and cannot use any of the button cinches on the Ground (already fits snug and sits higher on my waist). Taper is also a bit more aggressive than Fatigues.

Thanks a lot. Not sure I want the roomier too block but the wider taper sounds appealing for my wider pairs of shoes. I guess I'll just have to try some Fatigues soon.

aswan

Reaction score
Stopped by NNY to check out the Danner boots today. The EG touch with them (if it was slightly confusing to anyone else) is an additional number of eyelets with a staggered placement. Really an improvement on the typical Danner look that's totally distinctive, albeit not as ostentatious as something like the asymmetric brogues.

As for materials:
- The tan suede is a really rough suede, with a pretty heavy brown element to it. If you treated these with some waterproofer, they seem like they'd be ready for a beating.
- The olive nubuck is––I'm pretty sure––the boots heavily featured in the FW17 lookbook. I wouldn't call it "olive," in the sense it's normally applied to EG fabrics. If I were to grab a pair, it would definitely be these.
- The black is black.

besbesbes

Reaction score
Spotted some photos of black EGxDanner here: http://www.mensclub.jp/fashion/recommend/danner17_0817/08_wide/
1.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg

zunker

Reaction score

This is tricky. From my experience in the last few years the ground pants are a straighter fit and the fatigues more tapered, but starting from quite a loose point (so overall quite roomy). However, the cut seems to vary from season to season quite a lot with the fatigues - one year they were absolutely massive. Also, sizing will vary with different material - 32 in the activecloth ground pants worked for me but had to take a 34 in the doublecloth (in the same season). You really need to try each one on I'm afraid, or find an online store that will do a return/exchange. Or check out Orslow, which seem to be very steady in cut and size each year.

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is tricky. From my experience in the last few years the ground pants are a straighter fit and the fatigues more tapered, but starting from quite a loose point (so overall quite roomy). However, the cut seems to vary from season to season quite a lot with the fatigues - one year they were absolutely massive. Also, sizing will vary with different material - 32 in the activecloth ground pants worked for me but had to take a 34 in the doublecloth (in the same season). You really need to try each one on I'm afraid, or find an online store that will do a return/exchange. Or check out Orslow, which seem to be very steady in cut and size each year.

Thanks. I'll have to look for a good return policy. The online photos never help either. The Fatigues on Independence look very different from the ones on BB. Different models change the look, obviously.

I do need to try some Orslow soon as well.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black ones out today, $400. TTS.

Was hoping they'd be a bit cheaper since mountain trails are so easy to find at ~$200 point.

Was hoping for low-mid $300s. Still, it's only $40 more than the regular retail Trails. Might still pick it up.

ramdomthought

Reaction score
Stopped by NNY to check out the Danner boots today. The EG touch with them (if it was slightly confusing to anyone else) is an additional number of eyelets with a staggered placement. Really an improvement on the typical Danner look that's totally distinctive, albeit not as ostentatious as something like the asymmetric brogues.

As for materials:
- The tan suede is a really rough suede, with a pretty heavy brown element to it. If you treated these with some waterproofer, they seem like they'd be ready for a beating.
- The olive nubuck is––I'm pretty sure––the boots heavily featured in the FW17 lookbook. I wouldn't call it "olive," in the sense it's normally applied to EG fabrics. If I were to grab a pair, it would definitely be these.
- The black is black.

Is this the olive?

EG_FW17-22.jpg

Also didn't realize the liner jacket is longer this season rather than the conventional that reminds me of their bomber/clicker as was done in the past. Really, really digging it. Wear it under the reversible coat for maximum synergy.

19_000000006910.jpg

14_000000006910.jpg

9_000000006910.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads