• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sieglinde

Reaction score
TBB has their EG stuff online
cool.gif

agvs

Reaction score
Great shirts this season. The measurements look huge on all of them though. 18" shoulders and 29"-30" length on size smalls?

eluther

Reaction score

Anyone with the moleskine bedfords from last FW? Did you size up/down because of the fabric?

They recut the pattern every season. Last FW, the moleskin was slimmer than the wool versions by a bit - made them on the smaller side of TTS. That doesn't mean a lot for this season, though.

mbaum

Reaction score
Hm, you sure Sean? My moleskin from last season pretty much fits like any other Bedford, TTS. The wool/ homespun version appears just a tad more song but by not much. Overall, I find that Bedford sizing stays very consistent season to season.

How is Seattle?

lifeinabox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hm, you sure Sean? My moleskin from last season pretty much fits like any other Bedford, TTS. The wool/ homespun version appears just a tad more song but by not much. Overall, I find that Bedford sizing stays very consistent season to season.

How is Seattle?
Agreed given my given limited experience - 2 moleskin and the homespun from last season and the ripstop from this summer.

HelloFello

Reaction score
All the Bedfords from 2013 to current pretty much fit identical right off the bat. Probably shouldn't be giving others info that's not true. The only thing that alters the fit, probably has to do with how elastic the fabric stretches from wear after wear, and how thick the material/lining is.

VCircuit

Reaction score
All the Bedfords from 2013 to current pretty much fit identical right off the bat. Probably shouldn't be giving others info that's not true. The only thing that alters the fit, probably has to do with how elastic the fabric stretches from wear after wear, and how thick the material/lining is.

That hasn't been my experience at all. I take an M or an L basically at random and I definitely would have screwed up my sizing this SS/FW if I didn't try it on first.

If the difference is only fabric well, the Bedford has been made up in just about every fabric from chambray to tweed, that's a wide variation.

blue peter

Reaction score
has anyone found the BTN Pant in 6W Corduroy (any color) for sale yet? is this a new model pant? interested in the material appears to fold over the belt area at the waist...cheers!

eluther

Reaction score
Went to NNY – they've posted most everything on Tumblr now. The only thing that stuck out to me that wasn't on Tumblr were a few pairs of fatigue pants: looks like they remade the grey brushed micro herringbone from last FW (edit: turns out they were FWK, just dropped on the NNY tumblr). I didn't try them on, so no idea about the fit.

Typical FW cuts – things are pretty roomy.

• Workshirt: I went with a M workshirt, but the S fit better except for the sleeve length.
  • Andover: M Andover in black chino cloth fit perfectly – only the slightest pulling, as opposed to the last SS which had an almost corseted shape on me.
  • 19th Century BD: Same deal as the workshirt (S fit better than M), except that with the gusset even higher, it was infeasible to tuck into anything. Didn't kop because I think I'd want to take it to a tailor.
  • Flight pants: Each flap is a pocket. The leg with two flaps has two distinct pockets. Cargo pockets on the ankles. Button adjusters on the waist. 32 fit perfectly. Reminds me of the Highland cargoes from last FW, except that they're not tapered, but have button adjustors ~2.5" up from the bottom.
  • Shawl collar cardigan: Fit TTS, but is much shorter than last FW. Same length as a casual jacket, as opposed to CM-appropriate sportcoat length.
  • Shop coat: fit TTS. I didn't try on the SS version of this, but it seems like a real gem. Easy fit. Solid outerwear you could wear a Bedford underneath.
  • BDU jacket: Fit TTS but you could size down if you don't mind shorter sleeves. EG's use of herringbone fabrics is killer. Much better than the abundance of flat nyco.
  • Bucket hat: Less dramatic difference between front and back to my eye – however, I still look like a Jamiroquai impersonator in it.

The return of the quick release belts is also phenomenal. I shelled out for one from Worcestershire last year and it seems ridiculous to have a belt that expensive, but the leather is the thickest and nicest I've handled. Was really tempted to pick up the all black one but realized there's a possibility some of these might make it to sale season.

Both of the floral fabrics – wool with a golden or grey background – are really soft. I'm expecting they'll put it on some kind of midlayer – you could wear the golden one with almost anything. I don't know how I feel about the parka made up in it, but it's a solid choice for the "out there" fabric for the season.

Re: last season's moleskin Bedfords – I can dredge up the post, but both Fycus and I noted that the moleskin version was tighter than the wool version. I tried them on side by side. And the moleskin wasn't thicker than the calvary twill, so I don't think that accommodates for the difference. It's up for debate whether or not they have multiple patterns for any one piece, but I don't know how else to account for the same piece fitting so differently in different fabrics.

And – I have not had consistent experiences with Bedfords. If you read through the FW14 thread, there were an abundance of posters who noted that the sleeves were much longer than they expected and from previous seasons. EG recuts the patterns every season. The M always fits me, but there are different issues with them every season.

@mbaum – Seattle's a great place for wearing clothes (it's the end of July and was 50 degrees when I got up this morning), and doing amazing **** outdoors. But the people! They're all shut ins. It's bizarre. Thinking of relocating. After spending some time in NY last week (and having easy access to Nepenthes), have a pretty strong urge to get out there.

Last edited:

JamesMorse

Reaction score
Does anyone have a grip on what fabrics/materials will be used for the Fatigue pant this FW15 season?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads