• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 14

ThomSquared

Reaction score
I just realized that the fair isle blazer I purchased on Rakuten was listed as pre-owned, I hope I don't receive something that's been worn a bit too much, the listing itself is rather confusing and the communication with that shop via Rakuten has been just as bad. *fingers crossed*

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fit pics later but I received my first EG piece, brown homespun Bedford. I'm extremely happy with quality, construction and fit. I'm hooked.

lifeinabox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:I also received my brown homespun Bedford. Great piece but I'm having second thoughts. I also picked up the black moleskin Bedford and the brown fair isle knit Shawl Cardigan. All three have the elbow patch going on, though on the black bedford it's largely imperceptible. I also saw the herringbone Andover in person, really like it and can imagine getting more use out of it for work and similar settings. Thinking maybe the homespun Bedford is the odd man out but will sleep on it.

Last edited:

TheObserver

Reaction score
This is a really cool video
0.jpg

El QUaG

Reaction score
^ That's amazing. Thank for you sharing this video... my levels of appreciation for this jacket has now gone through the roof!!! :slayer:

I like the slow motion moment at 4:15 ... :nodding:

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very cool, @Drinkwaters

Wanted to follow up on my search for a corduroy jacket from this season. Due to the inability to find the Andover in a large, I ended up ordering the Suffolk from the Bureau when they had their Halloween code + free shipping:

First off, the color is much different than what it appears to be on the website. It is a much richer medium brown, which I think is a lot more versatile. Also, the shooting patch barely stands out IRL, which I appreciate. As far as fit, this guy is super comfy and definitely the most generous of the three jackets I've tried on from this season. Suffolk > Bedford > B2B.

Anyway, very happy with the purchase, thanks for all the feedback on my original question.

Edit - More pics:

First pic is the best representation of the true color.

Last edited:

mbaum

Reaction score
That suffolk really looks great. makes me reconsider my quest for the lighter Andover ...

Gary, the pics are fantastic. I especially like the unconventional layering - Work shirt and vest over the Bedford. This is my favorite and has given me a great fit idea!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads