• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 14

Shingles

Reaction score
That is also true. Measurements are your friend!

Btw, I am anywhere between XS and L in EG. (a sad, true story)
Recommending EG to friends is really simple; sure buddy just go with XS, S, M or L and you'll be fine

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks folks - it's a couple of years since I last tried an EG jacket (Baker) but the measurements do seem to vary a lot. I'm generally a decent fitting XL in their shirts.

Sonderist

Reaction score
First season shopping EG, so please forgive any stupid questions I may ask.

What is the deal with purchasing this brand? Who are some of the more prominent e-shops I could visit to buy some of the items seen on this thread (namely that shawl-collar belted sweater which looks fantastic)?

If for example I did want to order the belted sweater, am I going to have to order from Japan? Thanks!

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First season shopping EG, so please forgive any stupid questions I may ask.

What is the deal with purchasing this brand? Who are some of the more prominent e-shops I could visit to buy some of the items seen on this thread (namely that shawl-collar belted sweater which looks fantastic)?

If for example I did want to order the belted sweater, am I going to have to order from Japan? Thanks!

Japanese stores tend to get deliveries in before anywhere else so people often post pictures from them on here. Shops in North America / Europe will be getting fall/winter stuff in over the next few weeks.

If there's something in particular you are after (ie. the belted cardigan) you can try emailing Nepenthes NY direct and ask them which stores will be carrying it and they can often tell you.

Also, full list of stockists here

Sonderist

Reaction score
Japanese stores tend to get deliveries in before anywhere else so people often post pictures from them on here. Shops in North America / Europe will be getting fall/winter stuff in over the next few weeks.

If there's something in particular you are after (ie. the belted cardigan) you can try emailing Nepenthes NY direct and ask them which stores will be carrying it and they can often tell you.

Also, full list of stockists here
Helpful, thanks!

pe3brain

Reaction score
Ok this is my first season buying EG and I'm in love with the bedfod especially this season, but i'm worried as I'm 20 and in college that the bedford would be too overdressed, because people would think its just a blazer. any thoughts on this would be appreciated greatly.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Sonderist, if you already know what you want and your size then give Gary or Steven a call or email, info is on the first page of this thread, they'll hook you up if theres any spares, otherwise NepNY will have info on which retailers have what you're looking for and then you can reach out to them directly

@pe3brain, some fabrics can make it look more/less serious but its mainly gonna depend on how you wear it, having said that ime to most 20 y/o's I know it'll still look like a blazer, also not sure what pics you talking'bout but the cpo's are these (theres also a grey wool hb not pictured here)

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok this is my first season buying EG and I'm in love with the bedfod especially this season, but i'm worried as I'm 20 and in college that the bedford would be too overdressed, because people would think its just a blazer. any thoughts on this would be appreciated greatly.

I pretty much wore my navy one everyday during spring, it's a very relaxed blazer and if you're walking into a class where everyone's wearing sweatpants, just put the collar up and you'll look even more relaxed.

SirMeowly

Reaction score
Agree with accordion. I wore EG all the time in college. Doesn't really have to end up looking that dressy IMO (although I still do wear a lot of EG in professional settings). Bedford is pretty casual. I'd say go for it.

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Heads up Guys and Gals,

We've returned from the NYC market and are totally exhausted to say the least. However, EG for SS15 was amazing again and the choices were hard to make but I'm confident that we choose well.

The sad news was that I was informed that EG will have NO EXTRAS for me to pull from for your special requests. I'm truly sorry for this and I know some of you have already asked us to try to get you your desire but that's the deal unfortunately. As you know, we've started to receive our FW14 offering and we're ready to assist you as we can.

On another note, we'll be having our SUMMER SALE starting Saturday, July 26th. Early birds welcome!

Gary

Last edited:

Phil McCrackin

Reaction score
My first aw buy , grey / navy plaid shirt , hopefully here tomorrow ..

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Heads up Guys and Gals,

We've returned from the NYC market and are totally exhausted to say the least. However, EG for SS15 was amazing again and the choices were hard to make but I'm confident that we choose well.

The sad news was that I was informed that EG will have NO EXTRAS for me to pull from for your special requests. I'm truly sorry for this and I know some of you have already asked us to try to get you your desire but that's the deal unfortunately. As you know, we've started to receive our FW14 offering and we're ready to assist you as we can.

On another note, we'll be having our SUMMER SALE starting Saturday, July 26th. Early birds welcome!

Gary

Does that mean no pre-orders for this F/W or S/S? I'll be stopping by this evening!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads