• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shingles

Reaction score

The classic shirt is a camp shirt with long sleeves.. I have one from 09 I think in a gray flannel plaid. Super comfy but def. short and boxy. One is enough for me.

Yes. I have a plaid as well, black, green, red tartan like from this season. I like wearing it unbuttoned above a printed white t-shirt. But would most like to wear it as an over shirt, but don't really know how to do that since it's plaid. I think it works better the other way around, with for example a plain grey classic shirt above a patterned shirt (as you would wear a CPO). Someone mentioned wearing it above a chambray work shirt, haven't tried that out but suspecting it might be a little odd. Any ideas? How do you wear yours?

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^since mine is a cotton flannel I wear it over gray black or white tShirts. I looked at the red wool classic shirt the other day at bellerose here in Paris--IMO that cut works best as a regular shirt rather than an over shirt, mostly because the camp collar needs to lie flat

I do have a CPO in the gray herringbone wool that I wear over lonsleeve Ts or over OCBDs as a sports coats substutute.

dogmoney

Reaction score
Will post fit pic when I get a chance. Would anybody be interested in doing a MTO group buy of trickers that are made in the same makeup as the EG x Mcnairy longwing mismatched shoes that were released a couple years back? I think they will be pretty expensive, but the added benefit that they will be MTO so we can add tweaks here and there. I was thinking of doing the same exact makeup, but with dainite sole instead of the double-leather sole, but am open to opinions. Thanks!

Although not truly pertaining to FW13, this discussion has prompted me to sell a pair of hardly worn EG x McNairy Longwings in brown. I bought them in a US12 wishfully thinking that they would fit, but after 3 years of shoe care and <10 wears, I have decided to part with them as unfortunately, my wishful thinking hasn't made my feet any smaller.

I've put them up on the marketplace here http://www.styleforum.net/t/376353/...-mark-mcnairy-longwing-brogue-brown-size-12us and will put them on ebay in the coming days.

It would be nice for these puppies to go to a new home where they will be loved and worn, rather than just loved and admired.

Last edited:

thonez

Reaction score

Although not truly pertaining to FW13, this discussion has prompted me to sell a pair of hardly worn EG x McNairy Longwings in brown. I bought them in a US12 wishfully thinking that they would fit, but after 3 years of shoe care and and will put them on ebay in the coming days. It would be nice for these puppies to go to a new home where they will be loved and worn, rather than just loved and admired.
Sweet, too bad the shipping costs kill the deal for me in the US :/

thonez

Reaction score
Anyone ever had the sleeves shortened on a workshirt? Seems like it would be pretty easy for a competent tailor to do from the cuff since there isn't even really a gaunlet. I guess it would get closer to the elbow patche but I don't think .5 - .75 of an inch would be noticeable.

RuffyD

Reaction score
Got shipping confirmation this morning
Maybe they feel bad I have to pay $30-$50 shipping whenever I buy something from overseas
shog[1].gif

El QUaG

Reaction score
Inventory are good operators. They use Fedex to ship overseas, so it's always prompt turnaround time with tracking included. I was amazed that one time they magically squeezed a AW Windbreaker & thick Ripstop Field Jacket into a medium size Fedex box!

Last edited:

Shingles

Reaction score

^^^since mine is a cotton flannel I wear it over gray black or white tShirts. I looked at the red wool classic shirt the other day at bellerose here in Paris--IMO that cut works best as a regular shirt rather than an over shirt, mostly because the camp collar needs to lie flat

I do have a CPO in the gray herringbone wool that I wear over lonsleeve Ts or over OCBDs as a sports coats substutute.

Ok. I think it was Inventory that styled the plain grey classic shirt as an over shirt, I can't find the photos but it worked out really good. It's more difficult to do with the plaid version though, imo.

Last edited:

Shingles

Reaction score
I like that they are doing elbow patches!

Another FW14 lookbook sneak preview. From Gareth from The Bureau.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bureau has first s/s delivery up. I know s/s shows up relatively early every year, but I still feel ridiculous buying hawaiian print short sleeves in early January.

Phil McCrackin

Reaction score
buying a Hawaiian shirt any month , is ridiculous , to me ..
unless for fancy dress ..

dogmoney

Reaction score

Inventory are good operators. They use Fedex to ship overseas, so it's always prompt turnaround time with tracking included. I was amazed that one time they magically squeezed a AW Windbreaker & thick Ripstop Field Jacket into a medium size Fedex box!

I'll second that. Just ordered a couple of workaday BDs in their sale. Great communication and super fast shipping.

Unfortunately had to pay $45 for the shipping to oz though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads