• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

AwfullyNiceGuy

Reaction score
Hi guys.
I have been trying to find a first suit for social and eventually professional occations, that is not too formal .
Because of my budget I have realistically been looking for a second hand/ NWOT suit however trying to avoid a costume feel. I found an Eidos suit on ebay that I rather like. However I am starting to doubt the authenticity, firstly it is rather cheap, and the product text is non-descriptive.

I was wondering if any of you recognize the details in below pictures as either right for Eidos or as warning flags of a fake?

The ebay posting.
eidos2.jpg

The seller seems to have a bunch of suits NWT at low prices, 100% positive feedback, only a year old and for shipping Ebay puts "Expedited International Courier Delivery to Russia" even if the destination is Denmark (for me).

I hope you can help me and I sorry for the bother!

Last edited:

sillyvvill

Reaction score
@AwfullyNiceGuy based on the tags and lapel pin, this is from the Simon Spurr era Eidos, not the Antonio Ciongoli era Eidos that really put Eidos on the fashion map (and which is especially popular with the followers of this thread). I kinda doubt that a counterfeiter would go through the effort of manufacturing fake Eidos, especially from the Simon Spurr era. They'd rather put out counterfeits of the luxury house brands e.g. armani, prada, etc.

AwfullyNiceGuy

Reaction score
@sillyvvill Thank you for the heads up! The pictures of Eidos clothing I have seen and like were from the Antonio Ciongoli era Eidos. In regards to the effort necessary to make a counterfeit, you are probably right.
Oh well back to hunting!

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Since we are all asking, what is the deal with this?

1568781998840.png

Thought it would be these FW17 (?) pants but I recall these pants below are from a different canvas material.

5d1c10_5e6e250c456043fd937b19c728b4fa84_mv2_d_1333_2000_s_2.jpg 5d1c10_156b352122684f9985bb10f9c989cfbe_mv2_d_1333_2000_s_2.jpg

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
While we're on the subject, any idea what this it? Never seen a Proph

s-l1600.jpg

Need to see more of the garment.

Since we are all asking, what is the deal with this?

View attachment 1242950

Thought it would be these FW17 (?) pants but I recall these pants below are from a different canvas material.

View attachment 1242951

The pants chris is wearing are the ones you have with the tags on it. Wish I had those, that’s the perfect khaki.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably not, it’s fairly slim. YOOX has pretty hassle free returns so it’s worth a shot

Congrats on that pickup, I own this piece and it's really really good. It is slim like you mention, I sized up to a large and I'm typically a medium.

I’ve been looking for this in a Large for ever. Nice pickup.

I own the large, but I'm fairly certain it's a keeper in my closet. I am actually going to be pairing down my wardbrobe so if I change my mind after going through my cuts, I can let you know if you really are interested.

dkboze

Reaction score
Congrats on that pickup, I own this piece and it's really really good. It is slim like you mention, I sized up to a large and I'm typically a medium.

Same!

I own the large, but I'm fairly certain it's a keeper in my closet. I am actually going to be pairing down my wardbrobe so if I change my mind after going through my cuts, I can let you know if you really are interested.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics