• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

#dadcore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FW19 preview from IG—that coat is out of control
E14020F5-D03D-41E9-951C-2E8100B36CFB.jpeg

D530213C-8A94-4DFB-84AD-5DF47C73E79B.jpeg

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice framing of the line on the coat / chair legs. Not seeing much which Doppiaa have not already done though?

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Copped an OG Eidos SS14 linen jacket (5 years ago!) on RealReal last week; brown puppytooth 100% linen. Lookbook image below.
Today, the matching trousers popped up, which I also copped (love the $12 shipping and handling that takes a week to arrive :censored:). The listing stated "slight pulling in fabric," but provided no images to show that. So, we'll see what condition they arrive in.

The jacket needs slimming, otherwise fits well; only possible dealbreaker will be the sleeves, which have functional button holes. Initial impression is that they're fine.

Pants also might be too big (hilarious that they split the jacket and trousers up). I can often size up to 54 in jackets (which this is), but the pants are 38US, which is huge for me. But we'll see.

One odd detail on this jacket: it's got an entire extra layer of padding in the shoulder and down into the chest. Doesn't impact the shoulder expression, but it will make it wear slightly warmer. @NickPollica was that how the first season was made? IIRC you said Isaia made season 1 in their factory before switching it to Michaelangelo for season 2 on.

Lookbook image
View attachment 1177331

Received the trousers last week. I found no fabric defects of any kind on them.
They are large in the waist but actually fine in the top block otherwise, and I'll just have the legs tapered a bit. I found that the UAB trousers I have in my actual size in the hemp+wool blend were snug in several spots, needing let out (since that fabric, like linen, has no give and thus it's very noticeable where it's tight), so the size up is probably better anyway.

Excited to get it altered and have another awesome summer suit to wear!

mythage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know exactly which season the ragosta started fitting smaller? Eyeing one in size 46 from 2016 but it seems to fit like the 48 I have

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
They fit as intended from spring 2014 through spring 2015, then were produced with an incorrect pattern until fall 2017 I think.

mythage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I got those wide legged cotton chinos with the dope ass design that I asked about a couple pages back. They are cool as hell. the late seasons of eidos that were not as menswear/suiting-centric are so cool. sizing down in this case worked for me perfectly. thanks all for the advice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads