• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

Malmborg

Reaction score
Dear all,

Feel of course obligated to answer all previous comments.

This is something I wanted and planned to write in a near future but it seems it has to come to the light earlier and therefore this text.

Its hard to write this without getting personal but it´s the only way to respond and since the company has been runned by myself for such a long time the company is personal for me.

Let´s take it back to where it all started. Me and Antonio has been friends for a long time, I´ve since day one we met always admired his work. When Eidos was born I quickly understood that this is the brand to be, to wear, to work with. It had all the aestethic that I looked for and a passionated man behind the wheels. It took a while from Eidos start to when I decided to start a company to be able to sell the brand. The vision was clear, to sell the best brand in the world with the best service there is.

When I today look in the back mirror I of course understand I´ve failed misserably on many things.

The service I knew I had in me and I also thought I had the skills to run a full company with all that comes with it. I stepped out to unknowned territory, e-com. The respons was huge and I´m still very humbled about that. But with it came a lot of other things that I couldn´t predict. The pressure on me got bigger and bigger and symptoms on that something wasn´t alright with myself was showned more often. This is something I´ve felt even before I started the company but just ignored them and kept on running. The health issues became worse and it actually made me unable to work for periods.

I realised that, maybe too late, that I wasn´t able to do certain things and I couldn´t understand why.

Meanwhile I was fully aware of all the things I missed and clients that I failed and the bad reviews that started to build up. I know my answers to you have been fussy, it´s because I´ve never realised what has been wrong until just now. The frustration over this got to me hard because I knew I had the service in me but couldn´t execute things to its fullest. It got to the point this fall that I had to seek help. I just didn´t know what was wrong and I was too ashamed to talk about it. A long investigation started and I got the results and a diagnos two weeks ago. This answered a lot of my questions and it will also make me get the proper tools to rebuild the company with the right type of people that can assist on things I´m unable to do.

As you can understand you can´t change a down spiral stair over the night so the amount of work ahead of us is huge.

I recently hired my rock, Erik, to assist me in this. We have so far just been able to put out fires and have still a lot of fires to put out. But after that we will also go back as far as to the beginning of the company and go through client by client.

You may ask why I didn´t throw in the towel and stopped it all? It has always been my believe that a company with the visions I had from the beginning could be built and I have never given up on that vision. Now when a lot of things have been answered for me I, for the first time in ages, really believe it´s duable again. It will take a long time but we will get there.

I clearly want to state that this is not an excuse, it´s an explanation. I take full responsibility for my actions.

So, for you that still are waiting for orders, we will contact you in a very near future. The work of getting back has just been started.

So how will the future be?

First of all we have to clear all the history with unhappy clients. That´s of course priority number one. We will hopefully in a near future see Antonios last collection in our shelves. And for what the fall holds that´s not settled yet. It took a turn to say the least when Antonio left the building.

We have plans for the future but will never launch anything before we know that we are ready for it. And when we do, you will all recognise the aestethic and hopefully see the results of all the hard work that will be put in to make the first vision reality.

To you who I´ve failed, I´m very, very sorry. Hope you understand that it has never been my intention to ever fail on anyone. The company is personal for me and so are the clients so of course I feel extremly bad for how everything has developed.

Thank you for hearing me out.

Sincerely,

Marcus Malmborg

kevenmee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to clear everything up. I can always respect people who own up to a mistake and actively take steps to prevent them from happening again.

A little bit of unsolicited advice, I've seen a lot of awesome companies grow "poorly". Most often, these businesses start with an excellent product/service. As the business grows, the owner takes over all the added complexities of a scaling business (i.e. answering phones, email, figuring out e-commerce, social media, POs, etc). While the owner may be fantastic at all these tasks, we end up in a jack of all trades situation, and as things begin to pile up, more and more things get missed.

TL;DR - focus on what you're best at or things that only you can do. Hire people who are good at the rest to handle the rest.

Not sure if this is what's happening with you but figured I'd throw it out there.

FWIW, placed two orders with you, and got both delivered to the states within a week (even though one was right around Christmas), so no complaints on my end. Hope you bounce back strong from this, it was always a pleasure buying from you!

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to clear everything up. I can always respect people who own up to a mistake and actively take steps to prevent them from happening again.

A little bit of unsolicited advice, I've seen a lot of awesome companies grow "poorly". Most often, these businesses start with an excellent product/service. As the business grows, the owner takes over all the added complexities of a scaling business (i.e. answering phones, email, figuring out e-commerce, social media, POs, etc). While the owner may be fantastic at all these tasks, we end up in a jack of all trades situation, and as things begin to pile up, more and more things get missed.

TL;DR - focus on what you're best at or things that only you can do. Hire people who are good at the rest to handle the rest.

Not sure if this is what's happening with you but figured I'd throw it out there.

FWIW, placed two orders with you, and got both delivered to the states within a week (even though one was right around Christmas), so no complaints on my end. Hope you bounce back strong from this, it was always a pleasure buying from you!

This is spot on advice. If you don't have the cash flow to hire additional staff, never underestimate what a well-executed barter deal can get you.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good message Marcus, you've already gotten over the first, toughest hurdle: identifying and acknowledging the problem. We are all looking forward to seeing you get back to where you really want to be.

Upwards and onwards!

pleatedjeans

Reaction score
@Malmborg Glad to hear you finally brought someone else onboard! I hope Erik is able to help manage the pressures of the 24 hour international ecomm business cycle.

As I've said in the past, visiting the showroom in Stockholm is how I imagine the best shopping experience. Hope the other portions of the business will now catch up with that high standard.

n2pua

Reaction score
Does anyone here want to take a size 50 Charcoal Flannel Ciro off my hands ?

You can have it for half off retail.

PM me if interested

IMG_20180128_144504.jpg

Last edited:

SwedishBanker

Reaction score
Dear all,

Feel of course obligated to answer all previous comments.

This is something I wanted and planned to write in a near future but it seems it has to come to the light earlier and therefore this text.

Its hard to write this without getting personal but it´s the only way to respond and since the company has been runned by myself for such a long time the company is personal for me.

Let´s take it back to where it all started. Me and Antonio has been friends for a long time, I´ve since day one we met always admired his work. When Eidos was born I quickly understood that this is the brand to be, to wear, to work with. It had all the aestethic that I looked for and a passionated man behind the wheels. It took a while from Eidos start to when I decided to start a company to be able to sell the brand. The vision was clear, to sell the best brand in the world with the best service there is.

When I today look in the back mirror I of course understand I´ve failed misserably on many things.

The service I knew I had in me and I also thought I had the skills to run a full company with all that comes with it. I stepped out to unknowned territory, e-com. The respons was huge and I´m still very humbled about that. But with it came a lot of other things that I couldn´t predict. The pressure on me got bigger and bigger and symptoms on that something wasn´t alright with myself was showned more often. This is something I´ve felt even before I started the company but just ignored them and kept on running. The health issues became worse and it actually made me unable to work for periods.

I realised that, maybe too late, that I wasn´t able to do certain things and I couldn´t understand why.

Meanwhile I was fully aware of all the things I missed and clients that I failed and the bad reviews that started to build up. I know my answers to you have been fussy, it´s because I´ve never realised what has been wrong until just now. The frustration over this got to me hard because I knew I had the service in me but couldn´t execute things to its fullest. It got to the point this fall that I had to seek help. I just didn´t know what was wrong and I was too ashamed to talk about it. A long investigation started and I got the results and a diagnos two weeks ago. This answered a lot of my questions and it will also make me get the proper tools to rebuild the company with the right type of people that can assist on things I´m unable to do.

As you can understand you can´t change a down spiral stair over the night so the amount of work ahead of us is huge.

I recently hired my rock, Erik, to assist me in this. We have so far just been able to put out fires and have still a lot of fires to put out. But after that we will also go back as far as to the beginning of the company and go through client by client.

You may ask why I didn´t throw in the towel and stopped it all? It has always been my believe that a company with the visions I had from the beginning could be built and I have never given up on that vision. Now when a lot of things have been answered for me I, for the first time in ages, really believe it´s duable again. It will take a long time but we will get there.

I clearly want to state that this is not an excuse, it´s an explanation. I take full responsibility for my actions.

So, for you that still are waiting for orders, we will contact you in a very near future. The work of getting back has just been started.

So how will the future be?

First of all we have to clear all the history with unhappy clients. That´s of course priority number one. We will hopefully in a near future see Antonios last collection in our shelves. And for what the fall holds that´s not settled yet. It took a turn to say the least when Antonio left the building.

We have plans for the future but will never launch anything before we know that we are ready for it. And when we do, you will all recognise the aestethic and hopefully see the results of all the hard work that will be put in to make the first vision reality.

To you who I´ve failed, I´m very, very sorry. Hope you understand that it has never been my intention to ever fail on anyone. The company is personal for me and so are the clients so of course I feel extremly bad for how everything has developed.

Thank you for hearing me out.

Sincerely,

Marcus Malmborg

Thank you @Malmborg for clarifying. This is very much appreciated.

Just a few friendly pointers - always try to communicate as much as possible to clients via email or other ways even if its unfortunate news such as delays and so forth. I really do think people get more annoyed knowing social media postings are happening such as Instagram whilst emails are being ignored or not responding for several days. It just comes off wrong. As well hosting new trunk shows whilst existing clients are waiting up to 12m to receive their orders.

Also a general question - how and why are some clients able to get delivery of the inventory stock sooner than MTM commissioned orders if they have arrived to the showroom in Stockholm? Just a general observation, that if you are able to send those goods you should be able to send the commissioned orders as well if you have communicated the items have arrived. This again gives a wrong impression.

I really hope things work out for the better and you are able to come out stronger from this.

Last edited:

sdfzs

Reaction score
This ended up being a rather uncomfortable evening read :angry:

My normal SF browning session ended up with cold sweat since my MTO sports coat is way way overdue without any communication. Given the silence over time i obviously started to worry but given that the show seemed to go on with trunk shows etc i tried to keep it cool hoping for just some delays in production. Should be noted that this is my first commission so i took the stated delivery time when ordering with a rather big pinch of salt.

As some before has stated the showroom experience is 1st class and in october i got measured for an MTM sports coat with 100% up front. When asking 2 weeks back it was supposed to be in a few days after but since then just silence. The natural question that comes up is if the order is even produced.

When news comes out like this i guess the bad situation will be even worse with even more customers now starting to get questions similar to my and additional workload just due to that. I have full respect for that. Still please get back to the customer waiting and outline our options (if any).

Malmborg

Reaction score
Dear all

First of all I want to thank you for your support and positive comments after my statement, I´m genuinly humbled.

Due to some comments after my text I feel I have to clarify some things that maybe wasn´t so clear.

My text was information that I finally have identified my problem. It was a text I wanted to put out there in a near future but felt obligated to do so sooner. It wasn´t ment to create confusion, rather the opposite. I wanted to straight out some question marks but now realised I created some more ditos.

So an important clarification:

To you who is waiting for orders, you will be contacted and get your products or money back if that has to be the case. We will leave no one empty handed. We know wich customers who´s waiting.

I also wanted to take the oportunity to answer the questions about Trunk shows which I understand is something some of you is irritated about that we are continuing with which I genuinly understand. My answer is that one doesn´t have to take out the other. Our first priority is to take care of clients who is mistreated but we also have to keep on working forward to have the company staing alive. What I also wanted to put out there in the earlier text is that since we have identified the problem we can make sure that the same problems caused by me wont happen again from now on.

Now we will keep on working on fixing previous issues.

Thanks for hearing me out once again

Sincerely,

Marcus Malmborg

willsgillen

Reaction score
Is the fit of the Ciro closer to the Tenero or to NMWA? I find that I wear a 50R in Tenero but that a 50R in NMWA is slightly too big. I can't find the measurements for Ciro or Malmborg, but the measurements of the 50R Tenero and 48R NMWA seem to match up. I'd be interested in the suit above if it sounds like the fit will be correct.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is the fit of the Ciro closer to the Tenero or to NMWA? I find that I wear a 50R in Tenero but that a 50R in NMWA is slightly too big. I can't find the measurements for Ciro or Malmborg, but the measurements of the 50R Tenero and 48R NMWA seem to match up. I'd be interested in the suit above if it sounds like the fit will be correct.

The Ciro and NMWA are nearly identical.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads