• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the crappy pic - will try to get a better one up of this fit w the FJ.

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great look. Where are you that you can layer like that already??

If he was up in my neighborhood at MP3 (sorry I didn't hit you up Mitchell--brutal weekend), it was cool enough Friday/Saturday evening for some layers.

Last edited:

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great look. Where are you that you can layer like that already??

I live near Boston, but this weekend I went out to dinner and it was 60s. The jacket is very lightweight, too.

Ah, ok.

Overlooked those la portegna's.

They're fantastic - I bought it final sale having never worn espadrilles, but they've quickly become one of my favorite purchases this year. More versatile that I thought and EXTREMELY comfortable.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I live near Boston, but this weekend I went out to dinner and it was 60s. The jacket is very lightweight, too.

They're fantastic - I bought it final sale having never worn espadrilles, but they've quickly become one of my favorite purchases this year. More versatile that I thought and EXTREMELY comfortable.

There is only size 45 left. I think that might be too big for me? I'm an 11.5 U.S. narrow side of D. Prob. a 44.

How did you size them for yourself?

I was considering the Kimber-Eidos Unlined Strap loafer but just wasn't sure about it.....

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Did everyone generally size up in the Lupos polo to account for shrinkage and slimness of the cut? I have a size large, usually a 48/M, and find it to be big. It is 95/5 cotton-elastane mix. Can I expect this to shrink to fit after a few washes and dry?

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
I have those same La Portegnas from NMWA. I'm an 11 D (though one foot is probably more of an 11.5) and the 44s are perfect/true to size. Probably wouldn't size up on them if you're a narrow 11.5.

And I agree with @wigglr — I love them.

Last edited:

YseanY

Reaction score
Did everyone generally size up in the Lupos polo to account for shrinkage and slimness of the cut? I have a size large, usually a 48/M, and find it to be big. It is 95/5 cotton-elastane mix. Can I expect this to shrink to fit after a few washes and dry?

I did size up but it was after trying the MD before going with a LG. I'm also typically a 48/MD as well. I believe some other people have also sized up as well but recall Nick mentioning that he does not recommend sizing up. Guess it depends on how you like your polos to fit.

As for shrinkage, I didn't find there to be any shrinkage in the Lupos (assuming no tumble dry). I think the garments may have been garment washed since I recall some of the care labels taking on the color of the garment when I bought/received them.

Last edited:

eighttrees

Reaction score
The forecast is for wind, rain, and a high of 11°C here tomorrow, but I'm looking forward to being cosy in this

With a Billy Reid peacoat:

ferdsje

Reaction score

To put how good of a deal this is into perspective - that fabric is from Lanificio Ferla and runs about 100 dollars a meter in the open market.

Totally agree. I own the same jacket, and the fabric is really beatiful. Jacket it's a mix between blazer and sweater, which I use casually. I also use it as a sweater, with the first button buttoned. For that price, it's a incredible deal...

ferdsje

Reaction score

Guys anyone has this jacket? I'm tempted to buy it, but not really sure about sizing. I was planning to size up, just to wear it above the suit

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks again for the photos and input, @mossrockss! I'm considering this t-neck - what size are you wearing, and how was the fit? Bloomies also has this, and from the photos, the fit appears a bit snug. I'm generally M in most Eidos sweaters, though a large may be more my cup o' tea...

This is a size medium. It fit like I would've expected it to. Not tight, just fitted.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads