• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just got these for my bday,perfect match!

Been eyeing those as well. Hows the sizing?

Last edited:

thecool85

Reaction score
Been eyeing those as well. Hows the sizing?

I have the navy ones from the first collection and they fit me true to size. I take a 43 in these and I'm the equivalent of a 9uk/10us in most shoes with the usual exceptions (9.5 Alden Barrie last, 9.5UK EG 888 last, etc.). They're, hands down, the most comfortable sneakers I've ever worn.

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have the navy ones from the first collection and they fit me true to size. I take a 43 in these and I'm the equivalent of a 9uk/10us in most shoes with the usual exceptions (9.5 Alden Barrie last, 9.5UK EG 888 last, etc.). They're, hands down, the most comfortable sneakers I've ever worn.

thanks for quick response, looks like size 42 for me (Alden Barrie 8.5D, EG 888/82 8.5UK, CP 42).

any approved stores to order, Gentry?

thecool85

Reaction score
thanks for quick response, looks like size 42 for me (Alden Barrie 8.5D, EG 888/82 8.5UK, CP 42).

Np. I've ordered from Gentry before and they're great guys to deal with. I believe they only have the grey colorway though so if you want the ones posted above, you'll have to grab them from Bloomies or place an order from Marcus Malmborg in Sweden (another excellent guy to work with). I don't know of any other stockists who have the tan ones.

daddyblitz

Reaction score

I went .5 down,and still fit a bit loose,so went a full size down and they fit perfect both on these and the loafers,purchased at bloomingales.

thecool85

Reaction score
I went .5 down,and still fit a bit loose,so went a full size down and they fit perfect both on these and the loafers,purchased at bloomingales.

I suppose it comes down to how you like to wear your shoes and also how wide your feet are. I'm on the wider side of an American D width (my forefoot is a hair over 4" across) and I have a higher than usual instep, so true to size was the way to go for me with the sneakers. I'm actually wearing them now, and if I cram my feet all the way to the front of the toe box, I still can't fit my finger into the back of the heel. And this is wearing fairly thin cotton socks. If I were to wear thicker socks, the fit would be bordering on snug for me.

ComfortablyDumb

Reaction score
FWIW I went half a size down on my Aperture sneaks from last season and they fit great. I'm a fairly standard 11D US and I got them in 43.5.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I ordered brown strap loafers direct from CK at a good price and fast shipping. Recommend that but of course you never know re: duties.

FYI I've been looking for loafers for a couple of years and these struck the right chord for me. Perfect hybrid between an espradille and a suede loafer minus any American prep vibe and without being too fashion forward the way some brands are. Truly a "dress up or down" option for casual wear.

Last edited:

scottcw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That sweatshirt is superlightweight - it just looks heavy because we ran it inside out to make it look more like a sweater. One of my favorite spring pieces. The garment under the jacket in the bottom picture is actually a cotton and linen sweater that no stores picked up...bummer.

Geez, no kidding. That indigo sweater seemed like a no brainer.

Would be great if the Eidos website would offer those items that the stores didn't pick up, but we all know are knock-outs, like the indigo sweater and the pajama shirt.

I'd be in for the cotton/linen sweater and pajama shirt if Eidos made them available online.

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think there's any chance of that ^^

But I'd be in if there were.

Also, Antonio understated how great that reverse sweatshirt/sweater is. It's an awesome piece and only just now too hot for it in Houston :slayer:

02///M3

Reaction score
Just received the midnight shantung Trapunto jacket from Nordstrom. It's gorgeous, and an awesome fabric, but despite going up a size from my field jacket, it still doesn't fit quite right. Big bummer. Oh well, if anyone knows where I can find a navy Eidos summer weight field jacket in 50, please let me know!

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just received the midnight shantung Trapunto jacket from Nordstrom. It's gorgeous, and an awesome fabric, but despite going up a size from my field jacket, it still doesn't fit quite right. Big bummer. Oh well, if anyone knows where I can find a navy Eidos summer weight field jacket in 50, please let me know!

Does Christian kimber have one left?

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do those drawstring pants really only have a 30" inseam? They look awesome, but 30" would be capris

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads