• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Thethrill Maybe it's due to the way your arms are taking the pic but the shoulders look a little big unless they're meant to be dropped. I wouldn't cut off the sleeves.

Thethrill

Reaction score
@Thethrill Maybe it's due to the way your arms are taking the pic but the shoulders look a little big unless they're meant to be dropped. I wouldn't cut off the sleeves.

Yeah, the suede definitely extends past my shoulder, but I figured that would be easy enough for a tailor to handle. My bigger concern would be how the shawl collar would look on a vest.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah, the suede definitely extends past my shoulder, but I figured that would be easy enough for a tailor to handle. My bigger concern would be how the shawl collar would look on a vest.

We actually made it as a vest before we made the jacket.

323FDA6B-507C-4D50-8A96-A30E93DC83EA.jpeg
941C8481-9E79-4172-9BC8-EF5BAA974F1F.png
2327C929-F7C0-442C-8F61-B5F703DE4CC9.jpeg
0D0143D2-D63D-40D1-8016-CC79C53579A0.jpeg

Highly advise against removing the sleeves because the shoulder pattern will not look right and tailoring suede is not easy.

Last edited:

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recently picked this up from @justridiculous What do you guys think? I'm also playing with the idea of having a tailor cut off the sleeves to turn this into a vest, but I'm not sure i want to mess with it, thoughts? View attachment 1617137

Dude, it fits you well! But, the vest photos Antonio posted are pretty cool, too.

everyday

Reaction score
Nothing to contribute other than that that blue suede vest is probably my favourite piece of outerwear. Wear it literally all the time, and hard. Rain, snow, dirt. Love it.

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe this has been here before, but it's never a bad day for Sir Patrick:

mythage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Selling an eidos vest and trellis sweater. Vest is size 50, sweater size M (fits slim). PM if interested, see pics below, thanks!

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick update: the Ragosta and the kurta are both sold. I know it's not the season, but I wanted to check if there's any interest in an Eidos navy basketweave knit shawl collar cardigan in size XL. Fantastic piece that's been worn quite sparingly--maybe a handful of times total--and has no defects to mention whatsoever. Retailed at just under $500, I think. The lowest I'd go is $150 (net to me) shipped. Fits L/Xl I'd say. Let me know if there's any interest and I can provide additional pics.

Eidos navy blue basketweave knit shawl collar cardigan in size XL.jpg

Offering two never worn, new with tags pieces for sale--both in wonderfully slubby silk/linen blends that are perfect for Spring weather:

First up is a Ragosta in an olive (with a bit of a brownish cast) silk/linen blend. Still has tag on arm, basting still on shoulders, etc. Perfect. Size 54, but fits me very well as a standard 42/52. Retailed well north of $1000; I'll let it go for $365 shipped.

Approximate measurements: 23.25" pit to pit, 20.25" shoulder, 31" length, 26.25" from shoulder seam to cuff.

View attachment 1599207
And then I also have a Shangtung slub silk/linen kurta striped shirt in size L. Retail was $295. Selling for $95 shipped.
View attachment 1599215

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also just realized that I have this Chiaia khaki raglan rain coat in a size 54. Fits a bit slim, so I'd say would be best for a true 52. This is a great piece that I purchased based on Antonio's endorsements in this thread, so search here if you want to read what the man that designed it had to say about this coat. A perfect specimen of it's kind, but I don't think I've ever worn a classic/long rain coat in my life, to my own embarrassment, so this still has the tag attached. Perfect condition. $925 retail. I'd be happy to let it go to a better home for, say, $300 shipped?

The feel of the fabric on this piece is particularly great - almost peachy to the touch? - and it's tough to capture that quality in the photos, but here are some in lieu of better photos:
Eidos Chiaia Khaki Raglan Overcoat in Size 54.jpg
Eidos Chiaia Khaki Raglan Overcoat in Size 54_2.jpg
Eidos Chiaia Khaki Raglan Overcoat in Size 54_3.jpg
Eidos Chiaia Khaki Raglan Overcoat in Size 54_4.jpg
Eidos Chiaia Khaki Raglan Overcoat in Size 54_6.jpg
Eidos Chiaia Khaki Raglan Overcoat in Size 54_7.jpg
Eidos Chiaia Khaki Raglan Overcoat in Size 54_8.jpg

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick update: the Ragosta and the kurta are both sold. I know it's not the season, but I wanted to check if there's any interest in an Eidos navy basketweave knit shawl collar cardigan in size XL. Fantastic piece that's been worn quite sparingly--maybe a handful of times total--and has no defects to mention whatsoever. Retailed at just under $500, I think. The lowest I'd go is $150 (net to me) shipped. Fits L/Xl I'd say. Let me know if there's any interest and I can provide additional pics.

View attachment 1622227
Basketweave cardigan sold. Chiaia raincoat still available. I also have a field/safari overshirt in a bluish-grey cotton available (size 16.5/42) if anyone's interested. $60 shipped for an easy sale if so.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads