• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

leeba

Reaction score
Was the aran cardigan (thompson) made in different colors? Love the indigo, just wondering what options are out there. Dark green would be really cool imo.

Last edited:

Mrk200

Reaction score
For a slimmer fit in the torso. I have broad shoulders (52 fits perfect), but a 50 is better in the torso (I have a 32" waist), so I'm always torn. For example, I find the 50L in NMWA cut is best overall, but wider shoulders would be ideal.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Love the fabric on the Matera. I'm thinking about sizing down to a 50 though.

Depends on how you plan to wear it. If you are going to layer it over tailoring than I'd leave it (use that waist cinch for more shape). If not and you want to wear it as a 3-4 season jacket I would absolutely size down.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Interesting. Was it supposed to have the Lupo collar? I'm having a hard time imagining splitting the placket and collar if it is a one piece like this. I actually think this shirt looks great, not just because I own it. Because of the fabric, I don't think it could have been pulled off well as a rugby shirt, which I associate with rugged, thick, piquet fabric with loud branding/numbering. I guess I like the application of the Lupo collar to a linen popover-type style. Since it was a mistake, glad I didn't pay full price! j/k :embar: :satisfied:

Yes. Not sure if many of you guys know this but I was a cut and sew knits designer for RL Rugby for years before I worked with Michael Bastian. The one piece collar was a fairly common collar/placket construction on many vintage rugby shirts. The original idea here was to make a woven rugby shirt with the lupo collar with barre striped fabric. That means that the placket (which would in turn become the under collar if you flipped it up) would be the same pattern matched stripe as the body so the placket would essentially be invisible. The inside placket (which becomes the top part of the collar would have been a woven poplin, just like a regular rugby shirt. I agree that the body fabric is beautiful - that's what kills me the most. There have been suprisingly a ton of things like this where our factories don't understand or like an idea they've never seen before so they just do it how they think will look best.

hrv123

Reaction score
How warm is the Matera? Appropriate for east coast/Canadian fall/early winter or should I go with the FJ?

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

How warm is the Matera? Appropriate for east coast/Canadian fall/early winter or should I go with the FJ?

Its a super dense cotton but it is cotton. That said, if ai had to choose I'd go with the matera.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Antonio, do you know washing recommendations for this cardigan? I got it at the Eidos samples sale but it has no labels of any sort. No country of origin label, not even an Eidos label. I assume it is cotton and should be hand washed only but wanted to confirm. Thanks.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I'm sorry if I am asking a question that has been answered but which store(s) might the Blue Shay Car coat be carried?

Already having a 12 oz. burgundy wool FJ I think the Matera might be slightly redundant thickness-wise for S. Fl...

Thanks!

Supply and advise in Miami actually bought that fabric as an augusto jacket and it is epic. I believe AK Rikks bought the shay in the discharge indigo too. Not sure where else. The vendor list is on the website though if you want to call some of the sportswear stores.

Antonio, do you know washing recommendations for this cardigan? I got it at the Eidos samples sale but it has no labels of any sort. No country of origin label, not even an Eidos label. I assume it is cotton and should be hand washed only but wanted to confirm. Thanks.

You and I are the only ones with that one...its a sample that showed up the last day of market so no one picked it up. Its cotton/linen and I would dry clean only.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Supply and advise in Miami actually bought that fabric as an augusto jacket and it is epic.
Funny.....I've had S&A's Eidos page up for awhile, waiting for photos, description and sizing etc. which is all blank..

They list the sizes and the price. But I'd like to see how the Augusto looks.

Is it as sheer as the Shay?

The 48 Burgundy FJ is maybe a hair big but great so I'm guessing I'd be a 48 in the Augusto.

Thanks for your reply.

And the Mr.Porter editorial about you was so awesome. If I lived in colder climes I'd a pounced on that Peacoat. It's fantastic.

Last edited:

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Funny.....I've had S&A's Eidos page up for awhile, waiting for photos, description and sizing etc. which is all blank..

They list the sizes and the price. But I'd like to see how the Augusto looks.

Is it as sheer as the Shay?

The 48 Burgundy FJ is maybe a hair big but great so I'm guessing I'd be a 48 in the Augusto.

Thanks for your reply.

And the Mr.Porter editorial about you was so awesome. If I lived in colder climes I'd a pounced on that Peacoat. It's fantastic.

The fabric isn't even remotely sheer, its just an open weave like fresco so when you hold it up to the light it passes through. I would take your normal sportcoat size. As the majority of my wardrobe has gotten more casual, the Augusto is all wear. Its not a jacket for ties, but for tees, polos, henelys, etc. Its a slightly more refined top layer option for any outfit that you might wear a field jacket or bomber with.

Thanks for the kind words about the Mr. Porter piece. I'm really happy that we shot a lot of it in NJ. There will be a lot more photos from the shoot on backyardbill.com soon.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
putseller96