• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EG v. Vass

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I plan on expanding my very minimal collection of both Vass and EG, finances notwithstanding.

jon5986

Reaction score
Personally I prefer Edward Green. I think the shoes are made very well and I also like the style.

TC11201

Reaction score
Originally Posted by agoldf
My concern about fit leads me to limit myself to the F last as first try. So the question comes down to the EG888 or the Vass F. Style wise I think the 888 has the edge but again I've never seen the F in person. Now the U, if it fits, seems to compare well to the 888.

This is probably a wise way to think about things. That said, in the past, Gabor Halmos, one of the US reps for Vass, has been very helpful in sending trial sizes for potential purchasers to try on before buying. Not sure whether he's still doing that, but it is a really handy way to figure out your size (typically 1/2 size up for the U last in European sizes) and whether or not the last will work for your feet. He's a good guy and quite helpful - I'd certainly recommend anybody thinking about a Vass purchase contact him for help along those lines.

One other clarification re: price - I've always paid relatively full freight for Vass, but EG is obviously easier to purchase on sale (with the usual caveat about not getting a full choice of sizes / styles).

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally I prefer Edward Green.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Both are well constructed shoes. Each has some styles I love and some styles that are ugly.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I love Vass, but its hard to beat EG for RTW shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics