• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ah, okay. Yeah that's just the U.K. Size followed by the US size. So you would be a U.K.10.5E or a US 11D.

Ah. Got it. My other English made shoes (Lobbs, G&G) only have the English sizing marked. Wasn't sure why both sizes were included. Thanks.

jefferyd

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hey Jeffrey, when's your blog going to be updated again?
In the last three weeks alone I've been in NYC, Chicago, Cleveland, Houston, Little Rock, Toronto and Milan. I don't have time to write any more! :(

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, Gents.

IMG_9342.JPG

Mr Tewkesbury

Reaction score
Interesting. I have wide feet as well, and bought the monmouth in the 888 last and I find it very tight across the toes (possibly due to the seam); I bought the Brummell in the 88 and it's infinitely more comfortable.
I find the 888 relatively comfortable in an F, the 88 I have not tried - yet!
For loafers I settle for the 137 after having suffered the indignant 707 (Alan Flusser).
I have encountered a rather sharp EG learning curve of the rudest kind, however I am persevering as the shoes are, to me, undeniably more elegant than JL.

MoosicPa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

turk malloy

Reaction score
Hi guys... recent convert here. Have mostly worn Aldens and admired EGs from afar until I got my first pair about a month ago and love them! Thought I'd let you know that the Brooks Brothers is having a huge sale right now which includes a lot of EGs:

https://www.brooksbrothers.com/sale/mens/shoes/0494,default,sc.html?lid=topnav-menu

Picked up four pairs there at roughly half price... will definitely keep the Navy ones, and probably one of the spectators. Not sure if I'm sold on Chelseas generally, but figured I'd at least try them out:

Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 11.39.01 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 11.39.08 AM.png

darkoak

Reaction score
Hi guys... recent convert here. Have mostly worn Aldens and admired EGs from afar until I got my first pair about a month ago and love them! Thought I'd let you know that the Brooks Brothers is having a huge sale right now which includes a lot of EGs:

https://www.brooksbrothers.com/sale/mens/shoes/0494,default,sc.html?lid=topnav-menu

Picked up four pairs there at roughly half price... will definitely keep the Navy ones, and probably one of the spectators. Not sure if I'm sold on Chelseas generally, but figured I'd at least try them out:

Are the sizes in UK or US sizing?

papado

Reaction score

Problem with BB is that they list sizing in US equivalents but the British width--I ordered a pair of Harrogates previously in 11E and they were marked 10.5UK/11US.

I returned them at the time due to the fact it was only an extra 15% kicker--just reordered with the 25% sale this time...maybe I'll like them better :)

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I believe it's in us sizing.

I picked up a pair of chelseas. We'll see. Might send them back & hold out / spend the money on a pair of g&g burnhams. Tough decision bc they're well priced & come with lasted trees. Would've gone for the chukka if I didn't already have the g&g arran. Too similar to buy another.

turk malloy

Reaction score
Yeah I called in and asked the exact US/UK sizing question and got the wrong answer, made my order, got corrected here and then had to call back and change the order. Of course, by that time the 10s had sold out in the Chelseas and Navy suedes, which was frustrating :(

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I called in and asked the exact US/UK sizing question and got the wrong answer, made my order, got corrected here and then had to call back and change the order. Of course, by that time the 10s had sold out in the Chelseas and Navy suedes, which was frustrating :(

If it makes you feel better I was debating about placing an order around 5 yesterday & at that time there was only like 9 or 9.5 & 12 left - atleast for the chelseas.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads