• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wesley Crusher

Reaction score
Quick question gents. Has anyone been in communication via email with the EG webstore?

Trying to return some shoes and no response for almost a week now.

Thanks!

I sent them an email two nights ago. No response. Pretty lame...
plain.gif

cypi2

Reaction score

I picked up some EG shoe polish for my Inverness's in Burgundy Antique which turned out to be a very light Burgundy, closest to the original light color of the leather.  Any advice as to what color I should look for in order to keep the burnished darker look of the antiquing done by EG?

I alternate with Saphir burgundy and mahogany shoe cream and paste.
For the toes' glazing I alternate with Saphir navy blue and burgundy shoe paste.

Last edited:

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I sent them an email two nights ago. No response. Pretty lame... :plain:

I'm sure if you check this thread and a number of other threads for other shoemakers you'll find this to not be An uncommon occurance. In fact this is why when I purchased most of my shoes I preferred dealing with retailers who sold men's shoes primarily and their focus was more customer oriented. However if pricing is more a concern and the better deal can be found directly from the shoemaker then I may have dealt this way more often in order to save more even though it may have been more problematic. I was just extremely lucky that most of my purchases where through Skoaktiebolaget who happened not only to have real good customer service but their prices were extremely friendly as well. Unfortunately they no longer sell E.G. Nor even G&G shoes any longer.

Anyway hopefully with the wealth of expertise and more recent knowledge that exists here than I have you might get some helpful clues with regards to the information you seek.

Besides one email and two days is hardly a major catastrophe in my opinion.

Good Luck

Dan

Last edited:

Wesley Crusher

Reaction score
I'm sure if you check this thread and a number of other threads for other shoemakers you'll find this to not be An uncommon occurance. In fact this is why when I purchased most of my shoes I preferred dealing with retailers who sold men's shoes primarily and their focus was more customer oriented. However if pricing is more a concern and the better deal can be found directly from the shoemaker then I may have dealt this way more often in order to save more even though it may have been more problematic. I was just extremely lucky that most of my purchases where through Skoaktiebolaget who happened not only to have real good customer service but their prices were extremely friendly as well. Unfortunately they no longer sell E.G. Nor even G&G shoes any longer.

Anyway hopefully with the wealth of expertise and more recent knowledge that exists here than I have you might get some helpful clues with regards to the information you seek.

Besides one email and two days is hardly a major catastrophe in my opinion.

Good Luck

Dan

Thanks, Dan. You're right, it isn't a major catastrophe, but based on a number of other comments regarding slow responses (or even worse, never getting a response), it is a bit disappointing. Anyway, it is what it is. Going through a retailer is probably the best idea.
cheers.gif

Last edited:

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks, Dan. You're right, it isn't a major catastrophe, but based on a number of other comments regarding slow responses (or even worse, never getting a response), it is a bit disappointing. Anyway, it is what it is. Going through a retailer is probably the best idea.
 :cheers:  

Price wise right now it maybe E.G. Stick in there as I am sure someone with more recent experience may come along and help. In the meantime if you work your way backwards through this thread you maybe able to find some answers as well.

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've just phoned their shop to check if they got some of the styles I am looking for, and the guy working there (obviously not the Englishmen, though not important as he did sound knowledgeable enough) advised me they got one of the styles in Ebony Calf. When I asked if he's sure that's the exact name of the colour he replied he's positive and it's darker than the Dark Oak .. Now, I can't seem to find the Ebony Calf Edward Green colour anywhere on the web, also not on their online shop .. Does this colour actually exists? :D

coldinboston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've just phoned their shop to check if they got some of the styles I am looking for, and the guy working there (obviously not the Englishmen, though not important as he did sound knowledgeable enough) advised me they got one of the styles in Ebony Calf. When I asked if he's sure that's the exact name of the colour he replied he's positive and it's darker than the Dark Oak .. Now, I can't seem to find the Ebony Calf Edward Green colour anywhere on the web, also not on their online shop .. Does this colour actually exists? :D 

I believe there is an ebony calf delapre color. Really dark brown color.
I dont have any pics of it but they used to have something on the website a few mos ago

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Page 34 shows a Westbourne in ebony delapre.

https://issuu.com/edwardgreen/docs/edward_green_catalogue/34

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I have asked 2 times if the ebony is a regular calf and he advised it is .. I was specific and asked if it may be Utah or Delapre, but the answer was no .. Now, I do wonder why he didn't check the box label while I was on the phone, but never mind .. You are probably right .. It's a shame though you have to surcharge for what it appears to be the standard colour on certain style .. For example the Cardiff asks for a 150 GBP surcharge on top of the 850 GBP for a regular Dark Oak .. Those colours should be the standard option IMO ..

zennypoo

Reaction score
Update on my last post with regards to EG's email. I heard back from Robert, who is always a pleasure to communicate with, that their 'customer service' email address is having problems. Their 'sales' email is working, which is how I got in touch. Robert promptly solved my problem.

On a different topic, I'm moving from the world of Alden into EG. Aside from reading this very helpful, 1500 page thread, I haven't found any organized 'FAQ' style guide to the available EG last, leather, and MTO options. Can anyone suggest a resource I may have missed?

My first MTO will likely be a Newmarket boot on the F202 last in brown Utah. I'm considering either the B1 or HAF sole, as we do not get much in the way of poor weather here in Southern California. Any insights on the difference and rationale on picking either soles?

Thanks,

Dan

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Update on my last post with regards to EG's email. I heard back from Robert, who is always a pleasure to communicate with, that their 'customer service' email address is having problems. Their 'sales' email is working, which is how I got in touch. Robert promptly solved my problem.

On a different topic, I'm moving from the world of Alden into EG. Aside from reading this very helpful, 1500 page thread, I haven't found any organized 'FAQ' style guide to the available EG last, leather, and MTO options. Can anyone suggest a resource I may have missed?

My first MTO will likely be a Newmarket boot on the F202 last in brown Utah. I'm considering either the B1 or HAF sole, as we do not get much in the way of poor weather here in Southern California. Any insights on the difference and rationale on picking either soles?

Thanks,

Dan

I understand why you might desire to have a comprehensive guide as to what the rules of the road are and what are the many different possibilities are when ordering an MTO via E.G. To include models, Lasts, leathers, and such. However even if we could do so today it's entirely possible this may change tomorrow. Only E.G. And E.G. Alone knows what this is on any given day and they tend to change this from time to time and they are the only one that knows what leathers they have available on any given day. Heck Galway in crup wasn't available until recently, Zugs on Zugs off, we won't do this on this Last, no wait we well. This is MTO no this is top drawer. We do GMTOs, oh no we don't.

So if you wish to try and compile something fairly comprehensive and stay in contact and revise your list regularly I would be more than happy to use it as informal guide when speaking with E.G. to see if the rules are still relevant whenever I order my next pair of shoes or boots.

Skoaktiebolaget used to have a very basic guide until they stopped selling E.G., but it was very basic considering all the various options that were possible. You really should ask E.G.and see what they say about it. The positive outcome out of all of this is that E.G. Has a vast amount of different possibilities.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads