• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BenLeaman

Reaction score

Newmarket's at Stonehenge the other day

Yasssssssssss

coldinboston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Very cool.
What are the details on it? last, soles, so on...
Is it a stock item for them?

Haha i left them in the trunk of my car and I am trying to resist going to get them to take pics.
It was actually an MTO during the trunk show. Not sure of the year around availability of the pin grain (they had brandy, mahogany, black at the time - see pic below).
I got in on the 72, shape ended up sonewhere bw the two suede galways posted above. HAF sole with taps - meant more as a better weather boot

Last edited:

BenLeaman

Reaction score

Haha i left them in the trunk of my car and I am trying to resist going to get them to take pics.
It was actually an MTO during the trunk show. Not sure of the year around availability of the pin grain (they had brandy, mahogany, black at the time - see pic below).
I got in on the 72, shape ended up sonewhere bw the two suede galways posted above. HAF sole with taps - meant more as a better weather boot

LOL!

Nice, congrats. I'll concede to wait until tomorrow for photos

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So here is a quick cell pic of those two side to side (snuff on 202, mole is on 72)

So I dont have any other suede shoes other than these two Galways (i have suede sneakers also but no derbies, oxfords).
I like both of these colors, but with that being said I prefer the snuff over the mole (a taupe color) as its a nice medium brown that goes well with casual wear, for me mostly denim wear. If I had no other suede shoes in similar color I would probably get that one first.
The mole is different and its great but the snuff is that medium brown that you cant go wrong with.
Hope that helps
You can get both at superdenim if you cant make the choice and are ok with the 72
@rydenfan

SartorialSol

Reaction score
Hello. Any idea which models are included in the Edward Green Holiday Sale and their price? Going to do the mail order service but would like to know which models the sale is for before calling the Jermyn St. store to make an order. Thanks!

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe the sale is for walk in customers only. They might make exceptions for some existing customers but I'm not sure.

SartorialSol

Reaction score
I believe the sale is for walk in customers only. They might make exceptions for some existing customers but I'm not sure.
I also thought that was the case, but they accept phone orders if you call in. Just FYI.

SartorialSol

Reaction score
Tony sent me a picture of the Dovers he was selling for $570. Its on the 202 and pretty sure it's called Country Grain in dark brown. Wish it was on 606, but not big enough of a deal to pass up!

coldinboston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Galway on 72, HAF sole, Mahogany pin grain
the 72 last on the HAF sole ended up being more streamlined than on other galways I have on 72 and rubber soles.
Not sure if the leather sole has something to do with it
Tried to get the details on the leather the best I could with a cell phone pic

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads