• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing my mediocre, mundane, ticky-tacky, exponentially inferior zuglets today - and loving them!

orig.jpg

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

I'm sorry...I feel asleep there for a minute.

Yawn.

Last edited:

michaelvl

Reaction score
I am in the market for a pair of Dovers in Walnut CC on Dainite in UK6E. If anyone happens to know a store located in the E.U. that carries them, then please let me know. E.G. doesn't have my size in stock at the moment so they would have to be made if I were to go through them.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am in the market for a pair of Dovers in Walnut CC on Dainite in UK6E. If anyone happens to know a store located in the E.U. that carries them, then please let me know. E.G. doesn't have my size in stock at the moment so they would have to be made if I were to go through them.

Don't have that but if you're interested in a UK6 E888 pair of BARELY worn Cloud Westminsters let me know!

BenLeaman

Reaction score

Walnut CC Dovers from Skomakerdagestad and a long delay at Philly Intl.

On the way to the lounge....

I was just wearing the pair I picked from skomakerdagestad last week. They are 606 last and Dainite soles. Perhaps you could check with them?

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For the unversed (apologize) what is the best comp of US sizing for these? How do they compare to say Crockett and Jones 8e (240 or 325 last etc) or Alden Barrie or plaza last?
Cheers!

From my experience EG is a half size down from TTS. So I take all my EG in UK 7.5E (E is standard width or D US equivalent) and I take my Barrie in 7.5D, Plaza in 8D.

So those pairs listed will be best for an 8.5D US imo.

EG notes both UK and US sizing on their shoes. Thus the 8/8.5E in the listing. They are UK 8E and 8.5D US.

Last edited:

fairlynerdy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those thistle Dovers are seriously wacky. In addition to the thistle, the stitching makes them look like a saddle shoe. A split-toed, thistle-brogued, saddle shoe.

smoothie1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes they are unique. I believe the style is called the Perth. Is the vamp bristle stitched? There was a variation that featured skin piecrust stitching on the toe only.

michaelvl

Reaction score

Don't have that but if you're interested in a UK6 E888 pair of BARELY worn Cloud Westminsters let me know!

Thanks for the offer. I have a pair of used DOAK Westminsters for sale on the 888 in UK6 1/2E, these were built on the wooden last. They are too big for me. I have come to experience that once a UK6E shoe is broken in, they fit me like a glove, so that is why these are for sale. I believe to have noticed that you currently wear the latter size. If you would consider a trade then send me a PM to discus this further in private.

I was just wearing the pair I picked from skomakerdagestad last week. They are 606 last and Dainite soles. Perhaps you could check with them?

Yeah, I had noticed your post. They look awesome on you! Your post resparked a desire in me to pick up a pair, they would also serve well as a much needed foul weather shoe in my rotation.

I have been on the fence for a long time with regard to picking up a pair and actually tried on a pair about two years ago in Paris, but then chose to purchase a pair of Harrogates instead.

Thanks for the tip, I sent them an e-mail enquiring about them just now.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads