• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

benjamin8451

Reaction score

Can anyone give me sizing guidance?  I'm looking at a pair of RL EG Barksdales and I'm wondering how they fit.  I wear size 9D in most shoes.  Should I expect these to be TTS?  Any sizing guidance for EG shoes would be very much appreciated, as I have not owned EG before.  Thanks in advance!

If you are a US 9D, most likely UK 8.5E will do.

Or sometimes people may size down one whole size, say, go with 8E

Order both size and keep the one fits you best.

Last edited:

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you are a US 9D, most likely UK 8.5E will do.

Or sometimes people may size down one whole size, say, go with 8E

Order both size and keep the one fits you best.

Actually since they were made for Ralph Lauren, they are sized with US sizes. I usually do size down a whole size from UK to US. However, sometimes a shoe can run big or small. So even though i'm usually a US 9D, perhaps in this shoe I would be a US 9.5 or US 8.5.

benjamin8451

Reaction score

Actually since they were made for Ralph Lauren, they are sized with US sizes.  I usually do size down a whole size from UK to US.  However, sometimes a shoe can run big or small.  So even though i'm usually a US 9D, perhaps in this shoe I would be a US 9.5 or US 8.5.

No, EG does not run big or small. Different in lasts only results in different fitting. They all fit similar.

I am not sure about RL size as I have never ordered from them. But in your case UK 8.5E should work.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Need some advice from the SF community. Was very pleased to acquire a pair of Dovers recently but was dismayed upon unboxing.

As you can see below, the split toe alignment on the left shoe is off and the leather near the heel looks to be quite dry and starting to crack already.

Do you guys think I could restore the leather with some oil or conditioner or polish? Or would I be better off to just deal with the hassle of an exchange and not risk the leather further deteriorating?

Thanks In advance for any input.

That toe seam is embarrassing. Return them on that basis.

As for the heels, EG will tell you (1) it is not cracking (but rather appears like that due to the burnishing), (2) it will be remedied by a leather conditioner, and (3) it is not a defect. I'm not saying I agree with them, just telling you what they will say.... As for what your retailer might say, I do not know.

Good luck.

dijor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good heavens. It's not often that two pairs of EG boots arrive in the same week. Okay it's never. Until now. This second pair I picked up from a fellow forumite. I was on the fence that they were too close to my G&G Burnhams, but the shades are different enough (to me) that I am not concerned about duplication.

EG Newmarket in Hazel Antique - darkened juuuuust a bit by me on arrival.

orig.jpg
orig.jpg
orig.jpg

Very nice Roger I want this color too :)

Fellows, I have some boots left Newmarket hazel antique UK8, 10, 11 and Galway dark oak with country calf UK11 & 11,5

Last edited:

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

9UK - I can't take 8.5 in any EG shoes or boots.  And these are quite snug over my high-ish instep (always an issue for Chelseas for me) but I feel they will break in enough to be okay.

Got yea & thank you I take 8.5uk E on all EG 82,202,606 last but for Chelsea I was debating to stay 8.5uk or go down to 8uk. I have gone to 8uk on EB & Carmina Chelsea boot.

fairlynerdy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@RogerP, if you happen to take any pics of those while you're sporting them, would love to see how the Newmarket looks on the foot. I had thought an almond toed Chelsea would be too pointy but your pics have me reconsidering that (and thinking about a rosewood CC pair that's currently available).

justonemore

Reaction score
RogerP is always 2 steps ahead of everyone. Lol. I find 2 EGs...He finds 2 better...as always my friend...your sense of taste is an example for most all of us. Nice selection. The Newmarkets are beautiful...and of course their color outdoes mine. Should I ever make it to your area of Canada I'm not sure if I'd buy you a drink or smack you. Lol.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads