• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

partyof6

Reaction score

aw, thanks brother

weirdly they're actually different sized shoes. the 82 is a half size smaller than the 202. but they fit almost identically. you don't really notice a difference until you get to the toe box, and then you can tell that the 82 has slightly less room as it subtlely pinches in more to a cone shape.

i am expecting at some point to prefer the fit of one more than the other. but in the meantime i'm feeling happy with both purchases.

It looks like the 202 size fits you better. You have much less "V" gap between those laces compared to the 82s.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

aw, thanks brother

weirdly they're actually different sized shoes. the 82 is a half size smaller than the 202. but they fit almost identically. you don't really notice a difference until you get to the toe box, and then you can tell that the 82 has slightly less room as it subtlely pinches in more to a cone shape.

i am expecting at some point to prefer the fit of one more than the other. but in the meantime i'm feeling happy with both purchases.

Well done Ruscal, pleased for yer man :nodding:

ruscal

Reaction score

Have you purposefully laced the Chelsea's rather loosely? I would expect an Oxford to appear tighter at the lacing point.

no - the chelsea is a half size smaller and a little more snug

It looks like the 202 size fits you better. You have much less "V" gap between those laces compared to the 82s.

you may well be right. but i've only had these shoes for half a day, and not quite sure how much they will stretch and where yet

Well done Ruscal, pleased for yer man :nodding:

aw thanks bro. i dont normally like the toe shape of the 202, but on the Ladbroke i think its looks very pleasant
1f44c.png

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
aw, thanks brother

Have you purposefully laced the Chelsea's rather loosely? I would expect an Oxford to appear tighter at the lacing point.

Yes. Very strange, people normally take the same size or go up half in 82, as it's a slimmer last in the toe.

tchoy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I actually think the 202n may be too big the laces are already closed the shoes will stretch more once broken in. My experience with EG are you want the shoes quite snug straight out from the box.

smoothie1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone headed there should arrange a pre-paid proxy service. I know it has been mentioned, but there is an opportunity to help other members, and likely raise some cash for a pair or two. I recognize fussy people could be an obstacle, but I've done it at Drake's sales before without any issues.

partyof6

Reaction score

I actually think the 202n may be too big the laces are already closed the shoes will stretch more once broken in. My experience with EG are you want the shoes quite snug straight out from the box.

Agree that the shoes will stretch and the "V" will close some. It doesn't look all the way closed to me though. I'm guessing he has about a half inch gap, which would close as the shoes stretch. I could be totally wrong, however, as it's difficult to judge on a screen. Regardless, the spacing alone is not a very good way to determine fit. I agree with you that the overall snugness should be a more important factor to consider.

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Exactly! Why wait? Order now and have them by September.
You can order one anytime at 50% down, no MTO fee as it's stock line for Dark Oak and Walnut CC or Mink Suede

http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/pages/edward-green-made-to-order

Yeah, I know. It's one of those things I tell myself I'll do at the end of every month if I don't buy anything else. But I end up always buying something else. Not that I prefer buying other things, it's just I know the offer will always be there. 25% down would just make it harder to resist.

Last edited:

ruscal

Reaction score
Agree that the shoes will stretch and the "V" will close some. It doesn't look all the way closed to me though. I'm guessing he has about a half inch gap, which would close as the shoes stretch. I could be totally wrong, however, as it's difficult to judge on a screen. Regardless, the spacing alone is not a very good way to determine fit. I agree with you that the overall snugness should be a more important factor to consider.

Yes. Very strange, people normally take the same size or go up half in 82, as it's a slimmer last in the toe.

i agree that in my experience the 82 is a slimmer last than the 202. but i also think that the 82 is a longer last than the 202.

pics below for reference. they seemed to my eye to be identical in length. but for the sake of precision i also measured them both and found the 202 to be only 1mm longer despite being 1/2 size larger.

the 202 is currently the most comfortable shoe to wear. but i know both of these shoes will stretch with time. and i don't yet know which one will be the most comfortable once they are both stretched and worn in.

Last edited:

thebeebs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i agree that in my experience the 82 is a slimmer last than the 202. but i also think that the 82 is a longer last than the 202.

pics below for reference. they seemed to my eye to be identical in length. but for the sake of precision i also measured them both and found the 202 to be only 1mm longer despite being 1/2 size larger.

the 202 is currently the most comfortable shoe to wear. but i know both of these shoes will stretch with time. and i don't yet know which one will be the most comfortable once they are both stretched and worn in.

May I ask why in heaven's name you're wearing balmorals w/o socks?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigie36