• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Especially plain black calf Dovers on the 82 last.

I would say brown, but I imagine that should come as no surprise to many 😁.

Is there a leather and color combination on the Dover that doesn't look good on either /any combo of the 82, 202, or 606? If you had three Dovers in those three lasts made in a suede, smooth calf, and grain leather outside the most formal of occasions, one could make the argument you wouldn't require a Derby for the entirety of one's life.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got back from the Edward Green trunk show at Dashing Chicago.
Sean and Anthony were great.
Wish I would have been able to attend. I was going to and then got tied up with work! Happy that you had a chance to check it out and hope that you pulled the trigger on something nice.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wish I would have been able to attend. I was going to and then got tied up with work! Happy that you had a chance to check it out and hope that you pulled the trigger on something nice.

what is the deal with trunk shows? do you just get the opportunity to try out the full range of lasts/sizes? Do they offer custom make ups?

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a chance to hang out with Sean of Dashing Chicago on the second day of the Trunk Show. Had the opportunity to meet Anthony and Nathan from EG. You gain a greater appreciation of what you're paying for when you watch Nathan work, he is an artist. Had a great time chopping it up about shoes, clothes, movies, and drinks. Not to mention a quick lesson on "Cockney Slang". Looks like I got talked into the Cranleigh, burgundy London Grain, on Ridgeway. As Anthony said, "That will be proper naughty!" Lol!

Jayb1960

Reaction score
Got a chance to hang out with Sean of Dashing Chicago on the second day of the Trunk Show. Had the opportunity to meet Anthony and Nathan from EG. You gain a greater appreciation of what you're paying for when you watch Nathan work, he is an artist. Had a great time chopping it up about shoes, clothes, movies, and drinks. Not to mention a quick lesson on "Cockney Slang". Looks like I got talked into the Cranleigh, burgundy London Grain, on Ridgeway. As Anthony said, "That will be proper naughty!" Lol!
I was there yesterday. I love the burgundy duke. I am thinking about a Dover in black London grain. Sean , Anthony and Nathan where great.

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was there yesterday. I love the burgundy duke. I am thinking about a Dover in black London grain. Sean , Anthony and Nathan where great.
Super cool guys! I think we laughed about ancillary ****, more than we talked shoes. Lol!

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dover day
20220504_074816.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads