• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

steveabdn

Reaction score
It’s true that it’s not a good metric to use, on average there’s a miles worth of walking on pavement and a working day in the office. I drive to the office but typically wear other sneakers for the drive. I will post some pictures when I get a chance, struggling with illness right now

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes I am thinking of going for the dark brown Utah Galway and not worry so much about resilience to life bumps and scratches. Your pair look great.
I have such a pair. I’ve definitely worn them in snow with no issues. I have yet to try hiking through Scotland though.

Edit: I might be super late on the reply

CWL317

Reaction score
Well, my shoes have finally arrived (delay due to redirection as I was away for weekend). I am pleased with them, especially the toned antiquing coloration - I am not unsure what shade they are supposed to be (they are darker than my other pair in edwardian) - but I do like it ?
FA3EFA63-8D29-43A6-8355-00A06FAE378F.jpeg

sforum1

Reaction score
Well, my shoes have finally arrived (delay due to redirection as I was away for weekend). I am pleased with them, especially the toned antiquing coloration - I am not unsure what shade they are supposed to be (they are darker than my other pair in edwardian) - but I do like it ?
View attachment 1696746
202? The angle makes them a lot sleeker lookig like 82 but I doubt it.

sforum1

Reaction score
Comparison with my regular worn pair on the left in Edwardian antique, E202.

View attachment 1696750
Why did you buy another pair? The fit was not as good, hence the F202? Or because you love them so much you don't want to ever run out of them?

In terms of the color, I'm surprised, I would think the one on the left was the new one. Mine started out as the one on the left and over time it moves toward the one on the right.

CWL317

Reaction score
Why did you buy another pair? The fit was not as good, hence the F202? Or because you love them so much you don't want to ever run out of them?

the E was very tight and a bit uncomfortable when new and I thought I should have got the slightly wider fit. But it turns out with wear the E has stretched nicely and fits like a glove now ?

sforum1

Reaction score
the E was very tight and a bit uncomfortable when new and I thought I should have got the slightly wider fit. But it turns out with wear the E has stretched nicely and fits like a glove now ?
Right, I have the same experience. In fact, the EG salespeople, to my surprise, unlike what you hear from people on this forum, recommend that you go with the same size as C&G and JL, not half a size up. They told me it would stretch over time. I listened to them since I thought they should know better than random people on the internet. Then when I got them, I was so p**ed off having listened to them since the shoes were very tight. Then for my next pair I went half size up. Guess which one I like wearing now. The smaller size. Indeed, they fit just like glove.

There is nothing better than a pair of shoes that fits like glove. Most people don't know what that means, since they always go for a size that fits very comfortably out of the box, or slightly bigger than they actually need, in fear that if it ends up being too small there is no way of correcting it.

CWL317

Reaction score
Right, I have the same experience. In fact, the EG salespeople, to my surprise, unlike what you hear from people on this forum, recommend that you go with the same size as C&G and JL, not half a size up. They told me it would stretch over time. I listened to them since I thought they should know better than random people on the internet. Then when I got them, I was so p**ed off having listened to them since the shoes were very tight. Then for my next pair I went half size up. Guess which one I like wearing now. The smaller size. Indeed, they fit just like glove.

There is nothing better than a pair of shoes that fits like glove. Most people don't know what that means, since they always go for a size that fits very comfortably out of the box, or slightly bigger than they actually need, in fear that if it ends up being too small there is no way of correcting it.

Ditto. I tried a 7.5 and a 7, and the sales guy advised the 7. As they were an MTO order, when they arrived I was a bit remorseful too at how tight they were, it took a lot of shoehorning to get my feet into them, and even painful to wear for extended periods. It took a few weeks to gradually break in, and now they are snug and comfy. I wonder if the 82 fit differs from the 202?

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was initially fitted at a trunk show when it came time to order my sa advised me to go a half size up despite what eg told me and I'm glad I did. From what I'm told the British tend to wear their shoes with a more snug fit idk could be complete bullsh#$ but it's what I was told.

sforum1

Reaction score
I was initially fitted at a trunk show when it came time to order my sa advised me to go a half size up despite what eg told me and I'm glad I did. From what I'm told the British tend to where their shoes with a more snug fit idk could be complete bullsh#$ but it's what I was told.
correct, ultimately this is a personal preference kinda like drinking your coffee black or with cream. I know people wholiterally wear their shoes 2 sizes too big. By choice.

I, on the other hand, cannot stand one hair of extra room.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads