• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, last one, I promise.

IMG_5692.jpeg

It's been a honeymoon. My first pair in London Grain and I'm loving it. The colour is deep dark brown, formal enough for smarter outfits, especially with a bit of a shine. But the milled finish makes it wearable with more casual clothes, such as jeans and polo, as I did in the picture above.

I think that makes the leather lend itself very well to boots actually. A London Grain Galway...

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
x-post from our affiliate thread

New arrival from Edward Green
Canterbury / 202 Last / Dark Oak Leather Sole

3A8B0B43-D1B6-4208-BF53-D85B001C6C5C_1_201_a_1024x1024.jpg

Jayb1960

Reaction score
Sorry, last one, I promise.

View attachment 1980063

It's been a honeymoon. My first pair in London Grain and I'm loving it. The colour is deep dark brown, formal enough for smarter outfits, especially with a bit of a shine. But the milled finish makes it wearable with more casual clothes, such as jeans and polo, as I did in the picture above.

I think that makes the leather lend itself very well to boots actually. A London Grain Galway...
I have a pair of Dovers in dark brown London grain. I love em

Club Soda

Reaction score
MTO commission arrived while I wait for my DOAK Belgravia to be remade. As a long time 563 commit I’m going for cordovan Greenwich next.

My only gripe with these are some of the tassel ends were clipped too short. I alway notice this after I’ve worn them.

Attachments

• 0C8480EC-1A1F-445C-B7FD-9C2A39A8F8C3.jpeg
    0C8480EC-1A1F-445C-B7FD-9C2A39A8F8C3.jpeg
    420.4 KB · Views: 97
  • 7BE949B9-ECC0-468F-9556-46D5A22EF45E.jpeg
    7BE949B9-ECC0-468F-9556-46D5A22EF45E.jpeg
    379.7 KB · Views: 205
  • 6BEB1555-39BD-4279-8C3F-59A92E62D04C.jpeg
    6BEB1555-39BD-4279-8C3F-59A92E62D04C.jpeg
    233.3 KB · Views: 264

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This, to me, is the definitive DOAK color. I should also add "on camera!" because in person it also can appear different. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yes, I agree. This pair came from Cavour and I’ve never given them proper kudos till now.

This pair showcases what EG is capable of at their best. I have another pair of oxfords in DOAK which are considerably darker than this pair.

Thanks for your kind words, and yes, pics are indicative of coloration but do not do these justice…

Club Soda

Reaction score
Yes, I agree. This pair came from Cavour and I’ve never given them proper kudos till now.

This pair showcases what EG is capable of at their best. I have another pair of oxfords in DOAK which are considerably darker than this pair.

Thanks for your kind words, and yes, pics are indicative of coloration but do not do these justice…

I received DOAK Belgravia slightly lighter with a high contrast burnish that I shipped back for QC. What I got back was so dark I thought they were espresso. The pair is being remade again as I said and I don't know what I'll get back.

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think they make most oxfords in DOAK deliberately darker and with less variation. Not great in terms of consistency but it kind of makes sense to me formality-wise.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wear them in good health. 👍🏻😊👍🏻

Gustaf

Reaction score
A few models on sale at Frans Boone. Picked up Chestnut Utah Galway with shearling lining at great price.

Thanks(???) for the tip 😅

I too ordered a pair, though I am not sure what I’m getting into. What do people think about the shearling lining?

_AMD

Reaction score
A few models on sale at Frans Boone. Picked up Chestnut Utah Galway with shearling lining at great price.
Do you have any experience with the shearling linings? Do people typically size up at all to account for the lining, or has that been taken into consideration during the manufacturing/sizing process?

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you have any experience with the shearling linings? Do people typically size up at all to account for the lining, or has that been taken into consideration during the manufacturing/sizing process?
Wish I had jumped on that deal. Never going to find a brand new pair of Galways for 617 Eur.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The shearling is only in the shaft, so take your same size

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member