• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
EG ordered a DHL pickup from me and offered to send me a new pair. Shoes have arrived in London and they now say it's an easy fix so instead of sending a new pair they will attempt to fix the current one. Stay tuned.

Good of them to fix the shoes.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I really like these types of pictures of "experienced" and weathered boots.  Excellent!
By the way, what is that metal instrument behind the boots? 

They look like they've been used and it looks like they've gone through some hard use. I have things that see hard use and then I have things I wear to look nice and are for dress or casual use.

It looks like the owner is enjoying his Galways and that's all that really matters, but I don't see anything that attractive about it.

Junior

Reaction score
Those poor galways seem to have had a tough life...maybe it's the knuckledusters
smile.gif

Haha, yeah!

They look like they've been used and it looks like they've gone through some hard use. I have things that see hard use and then I have things I wear to look nice and are for dress or casual use.

It looks like the owner is enjoying his Galways and that's all that really matters, but I don't see anything that attractive about it.
They look a bit pale, but I had just washed them and fed them a layer of cream without brushing it out :)

This winter:

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ I love the look of those well-worn and loved Galways. All subjective. Although I say I love this look (which I really do), it will be hard not to baby my Galways when they arrive.

gr789

Reaction score

Much respect to all of you SFers from whom I have learned so much!
I definitely baby all my boots and shoes. I am fortunate to be able to rotate them frequently which helps keep them all in great shape. Here are my at least 10 year old Fawleys on the 202 last (Chestnut).
But I very much admire those weathered and loved footwear posted on these forums! I enjoy the gamut of pristine, gently worn and heavily worn quality footwear here.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Haha, yeah! They look a bit pale, but I had just washed them and fed them a layer of cream without brushing it out :) This winter:
[\spoiler]
This picture makes them look a lot better, boots being used but those which have been taken cared of. Very nice, thanks for sharing.

MoosicPa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Much respect to all of you SFers from whom I have learned so much! I definitely baby all my boots and shoes. I am fortunate to be able to rotate them frequently which helps keep them all in great shape. Here are my at least 10 year old Fawleys on the 202 last (Chestnut). But I very much admire those weathered and loved footwear posted on these forums! I enjoy the gamut of pristine, gently worn and heavily worn quality footwear here.
A nicely cared for pair of shoes there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads