• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

krakerjac

Reaction score
@krakerjac: While I haven't had the same experience. I do, however, know that if your purchase was made with an American Express Platinum or Black card, should the retailer not be amenable to a refund, Amex will get it handled for you. I have had a few experiences with situations like that.
Thanks. Unfortunately, I paid in cash in the store. So I hope Edward Green are good for it because I have no other form of consumer protection. Let's see how they respond. I will keep this forum posted.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do you want a refund, or do you want it fixed? I don't know if they'll get you a refund, as they don't know what you might have done to cause it to rip, but they might be able to fix it for you

krakerjac

Reaction score
Do you want a refund, or do you want it fixed? I don't know if they'll get you a refund, as they don't know what you might have done to cause it to rip, but they might be able to fix it for you
I want a refund because having it fixed would take time, and having it shipped back to me would incur import duties. What might I have done to cause it to rip? Just putting the shoes on, really. If you look at where the rip is, it's in a spot where there's bound to be stress as that's the flap you have to open to put your foot into the shoe. The right side is fine; but the left is ripped as you can see. Also, for a GBP700+ pair of shoes to literally burst at the seams after one month of use (and not worn everyday too, mind) is just unacceptable.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I want a refund because having it fixed would take time, and having it shipped back to me would incur import duties. What might I have done to cause it to rip? Just putting the shoes on, really. If you look at where the rip is, it's in a spot where there's bound to be stress as that's the flap you have to open to put your foot into the shoe. The right side is fine; but the left is ripped as you can see. Also, for a GBP700+ pair of shoes to literally burst at the seams after one month of use (and not worn everyday too, mind) is just unacceptable.
Good luck. I foresee a repair offered while a refund might be a reach. People have compared shoes to cars many a times. To repair a fault, sure, to take something back after it has been used...I am cautiously optimistic. This is not on just EG as I don't see other houses being too liberal with this. I hope it will work out for the best.

FYI you don't get duties for repair/refurb.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Used/returned shoes will not get re-taxed.

Also, I don't know what you might have done to cause it ripped, and neither does EG. What I am saying is that EG doesn't know if you happened to get the flap caught on something, and pulled it so hard etc, so they might not be wiling to take every person who wants a full return within a month

I am not saying you are wrong at all, just saying you have to see it from their point of view also before saying "it is unacceptable"

If you want a repair, though, I am sure they will be more than accommodating.

Last edited:

lartiste

Reaction score

Also, I don't know what you might have done to cause it ripped, and neither does EG. What I am saying is that EG doesn't know if you happened to get the flap caught on something, and pulled it so hard etc, so they might not be wiling to take every person who wants a full return within a month

I am not saying you are wrong at all, just saying you have to see it from their point of view also before saying "it is unacceptable"

They will know nearly exactly what happened, whether the damage was caused by inferior quality of stiching or by using inappropriate shoe size. Do not forget, that they have seen all damages hundreds times during years ... . They experienced every known damage probably ;).

I understand, that shoes in this price range must be perfect and exchange or money refund is appropriate from my point of view or may be big discount. But I do not know consumer protection in US... .

krakerjac

Reaction score
Good luck. I foresee a repair offered while a refund might be a reach. People have compared shoes to cars many a times. To repair a fault, sure, to take something back after it has been used...I am cautiously optimistic. This is not on just EG as I don't see other houses being too liberal with this. I hope it will work out for the best.

FYI you don't get duties for repair/refurb.
Interestingly, the same thing happened to me with a pair of Tricker's boots I purchased from Pediwear (stitching on the heel split), and they offered to take the boots back and replace a pair. When no size was available, they gave me a full refund. The difference is, they are a reseller (they did say they would resolve it at the back end with Tricker's), so I'm not sure how Edward Green being the principal themselves would respond.

Thanks for the advice on no duty for repair/refurb. Will they at least reimburse me for return shipping?

krakerjac

Reaction score

To be fair, this is my fifth pair of EG, with one of them being MTO, and a couple purchased from resellers. So far the previous four have been problem free. So I would like to hope that they don't have someone going back for a full return every other month! Let's see how this one plays out.

NewStart

Reaction score
Sometimes i found the EG shoes to be the best fit, sometimes these same pairs hurt alot.

Is it just my feet being marsupialed ? Or Is there anyone else experiencing this?

CFML

Reaction score
Sometimes i found the EG shoes to be the best fit, sometimes these same pairs hurt alot.

Is it just my feet being marsupialed ? Or Is there anyone else experiencing this?

Me too, but only in instep of shoes.
100% Comfort only if shoe is in a F fit.

NewStart

Reaction score

Me too, but only in instep of shoes.

100% Comfort only if shoe is in a F fit.

For me it seems for every 10 wears, there would be one when i have problem with instep and one with pinky toe, the remaining 8 would be absolutely amazing.

I have been told by a friend that it could be that our foot size may change depend on the weather condition and blood lever etc, not sure how accurate that is.

But it seems the effect was less pronounced for my more roomy pairs

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For me it seems for every 10 wears, there would be one when i have problem with instep and one with pinky toe, the remaining 8 would be absolutely amazing.

I have been told by a friend that it could be that our foot size may change depend on the weather condition and blood lever etc, not sure how accurate that is.

But it seems the effect was less pronounced for my more roomy pairs

The size also changes based on activity level around that time and salt intake can cause increase in fluid. Even if you had flights around that time there can be a difference. These are just a few things though.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
normanlawrence