• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dubai for a Week

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'll be in Dubai for a week arriving on 10/24 and leaving on a red eye on 11/2. Anyone have ideas about what to check out?

I'll be there for the F1 Race in Abu Dhabi but staying with friends in Dubai. The plan is to check out the souks, ride camels, surf sand dunes, off road in the desert (the friend we're staying with has some hardcore jeeps), go skiing, probably a few clubs, go-karting and finally see the race on the weekend of Nov. 1.

Suggestions for bars/night clubs (nothing hugely fancy is necessary), restaurants, galleries, and markets to look out for will be great. Maybe some websites or magazines to check out that will give us an idea of some interesting things off the beaten path or your average tourist wouldn't think to check out.

Thanks for the help.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
I'll be in Dubai for a week arriving on 10/24 and leaving on a red eye on 11/2. Anyone have ideas about what to check out?

I'll be there for the F1 Race in Abu Dhabi but staying with friends in Dubai. The plan is to check out the souks, ride camels, surf sand dunes, off road in the desert (the friend we're staying with has some hardcore jeeps), go skiing, probably a few clubs, go-karting and finally see the race on the weekend of Nov. 1.

Suggestions for bars/night clubs (nothing hugely fancy is necessary), restaurants, galleries, and markets to look out for will be great. Maybe some websites or magazines to check out that will give us an idea of some interesting things off the beaten path or your average tourist wouldn't think to check out.

Thanks for the help.

I can't help you out of town - I haven't had a chance to do the fun stuff in the dessert.

if global village is open, hit that for a night, it is interesting, and you will see a lot of locals.

hit the gold and the spice souks, around 7 pm would probrably be best. while you are there, go to the creek and sit by the creek for a shisha and fruit juice.

the 4 points sheraton has a very good indian resteraunt, probrably better than anything you will find in the US

the raddison has a pretty good persian resteraunt

the nieghborhood by the clock tower (your friends will know what that is) has a lot of good low end lebanese and egyptian places.

Medinat jumarah souk is very cool

see the atlantis hotel, that is very cool too

have fun

oh, read time out dubai - that is the best magazine for keeping track of what is up.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I may be going here in December, going to try my vacation again. Interested to see what kind of things come up.

Kookz

Reaction score
Somehow, the best pork (which you can't find anywhere else in the middle east) ribs I've ever had were in Dubai at a restaurant called Scarlett's in Jumeirah Emirates Towers. There's also a new place called The Rib Room, but I really have to recommend Scarlett's ribs and yards of beer. There are nice bars/clubs at Madinat Jumeirah as globetrotter mentioned, and you can sit outside (the weather is perfect now) where there's a nice artificial lagoon and a great view of Burj al Arab (pardon the lousy picture).
CIMG0704.JPG
And then there's always the valet parking circle of Mall of the Emirates if you want to see a Veyron or a half dozen 599/430/Murcielagos.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kookz
There are nice bars/clubs at Madinat Jumeirah as globetrotter mentioned, and you can sit outside (the weather is perfect now) where there's a nice artificial lagoon and a great view of Burj al Arab (pardon the lousy picture).

Funny you suggested MAdinat Jumeriah beause we spent a few hours there on our second night. Dinner at Noodle House (Singaporean or Asian Fusion, not sure), shisha on the steps over looking the water and Burj Al Arab, swung by BarZar to find it was empty (It was a Sunday night).

A few pictures from the trip:

Sunday Night at Madinat Jumeirah
14656_192779011689_648111689_4412399_6231203_n.jpg

Burj Dubai (tallest building in the world) from the road.
14656_192778946689_648111689_4412389_741838_n.jpg

Burj al-Arab (7star hotel) from top of Jumeirah Sceirah (ridiculous waterslide at the water park called wild wahdi)
14656_192803616689_648111689_4412850_1568454_n.jpg

Off roading in the desert. We're in the red wrangler.
14656_195268471689_648111689_4434626_2021502_n.jpg

Sorry no pictures from the bars and clubs. Also, no photographic evidence of the stunning Arab, Iranian and Indian girls all over the place.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads