• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Don't EVER go to Montreal to Party

Canadian

Reaction score
I've been to Montreal several times and I'm from Southern Alberta.

I like to (A) indulge my cultural pursuits during the day and (B) go to classy places at night.

Quite bluntly, if a bar sucks and you paid 10 bucks to get in, forget about your tenner and go somewhere else. You don't have to bar hop to have a terrific time, but I find most hotel bars are pretty reasonable.

Of note, there is a Days Inn off St. Laurent. They must not regularly do "Shooters" in Montreal, because when I asked him for something off the shooter menu, he poured me one full shot for each ingredient, then charged me like 3 bucks (what it should have cost for a regular shooter).

Also, don't forget to eat well. Rather than spend 10 bucks on a lousy cheeseburger, spend 35 and get a steak. Some of the best restaurants I've been in are in Old Montreal.

Tom

oman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$800 in three days? Man, I stayed in Montreal (2-bed room) for a week for under $300.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Was this with the sisters?

oman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no this was with a schizophrenic buddy of mine who went crazy after we did some LSD

i had an A+ time though

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
General rule of thumb: cover charge and "classy" are mutually exclusive.

elegantgentleman

Reaction score
Montreal is a great city if you're looking for a classy, good time which I think most members on this forum would prefer.

What the OP and his friends were looking for was a trashy, good time. For that I think other places are much better including Vegas, New Orleans, New York.

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went two years ago on the Fourth of July and it was a blast. There was also a jazz festival going on. We are going back again this year on the Fourth as it's a good time within a short driving distance. I'll let you know how it goes.

Ibiza is next year!

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
hahahahahahahahahahahaha
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif

+100000 As part of the Montreal Diaspora here in Southern Ontario and University of Toronto alumni you embarrass me. Did it ever occur to you to do some research first before going down? It's called google, try it sometime. A good time in Montreal can be had at any speed: classy, trashy or somewhere in between with the proper research.

phildo

Reaction score
I'm here for MUTEK for like 6 days. Any recommendations for what to do in the daytime? My nights will be mostly busy with MUTEK stuff so I don't really need any recommendations for that.

rapdancin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by phildo
I'm here for MUTEK for like 6 days. Any recommendations for what to do in the daytime? My nights will be mostly busy with MUTEK stuff so I don't really need any recommendations for that.

climb the mountain, go to ramados and get some chicken and have a picnic, go to la ronde (dunno how good this is i havent been), walk around the old port, go the bodies exhibit if it's still up

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You will. Do some research on the city for cool places to go. Search the forum for other threads about Montreal (I started one back in 2007). Great city with some stunning girls at the night clubs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads