• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Doctor Who

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I could do without the guitar. Way too time-frame limiting.

The 2 parter with the Stark girl was pretty-decent. I suspect she'll make another appearance at some point in the future.

Yes a guitar is waaay more time frame limiting then Jelly Bellys, boy ties or anything else a certain doctor has taken a fancy too.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Rawr...

Last edited:

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't read much of the spoiler or fan sites so damn, I did not see that coming. Allegedly it's for real.

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just finished the 2nd Zygon episode and wow... The speech that the Doctor gave was phenomenal. I don't see how anyone couldn't consider Peter one of the best actors to ever grace the role, regardless of where his Doctor stands on your "favorite" list. He's superb.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
His speech at the end of last night's episode is seriously even better.

Sleeves345

Reaction score
So, that was unexpected. Kind of came out of nowhere, and seems like one of the sadder endings for a companion. Usually they at least let them live. Or is this yet another fake-out?

Also, didn't we meet her descendants in another episode? There was an interview with Moffat that implied that those characters were "a different branch of the family," but that seems too convenient. Same as saying "it's just a coincidence," when it obviously wasn't.

I'm tired of Clara and want a new companion, but not like this...
spoilered for plot-talk.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My thoughts...

She's gone and no longer part of the show. I believe she's already signed a contract to start in another show, but I don't know the details. There are rumors that the BBC wasn't too happy with her dragging out her decision to return to the show last season as it caused them to have to pay for script re-writes to some that were being worked on under the assumption she was leaving. As the rumor mill goes when it came time to negotiate her contract again the BBC was ready to move on and didn't even try to get her to stay.

As for her ending, I enjoyed it. I like the fact that she died because she was too over confident in the Doctor and didn't think things through. Basically she screwed up and it cost her life.

I must admit that I do think it would have been more interesting if it came suddenly instead of being drawn out like it was. By this I mean she found out nothing was going to save her only moments before it happened and it came as a complete surprise to the Doctor as she suddenly died.

Overall loving this season. Been one of the strongest in years.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Holy ****, that was a great episode last night.

I don't know who told Capaldi to button the top button of his shirt but that really annoys me. The only people who do that in real life are autists.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Holy ****, that was a great episode last night.

I don't know who told Capaldi to button the top button of his shirt but that really annoys me. The only people who do that in real life are autists.

It's kind of a classic Mod thing.

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I hate the look but it does have some fashion pedigree.

I don't know why, but I can't get passed the idea that PC sounds like he's reading a script. Whenever I saw other Doctors in interviews etc, they felt like they were just the Doctor in human clothes. Peter still hasn't been able to embody the character yet.

Sleeves345

Reaction score
I feel that sometimes, but I am inclined to think that's because he's so different from the last two actors. Tennant and Smith both played fairly happy-go-lucky doctors that got serious when they needed to be. Capaldi plays it way darker and when he gets silly, it feels affected. Also, he's gone back to the whole "humans are beneath me" schtick, which makes him less relatable.

How long is capaldi sticking around? He's in the 10th season, right? Tennant and Smith both did three, so we can expect this to be his last? I feel like he's still growing into the role and I'd like to see him stick around longer.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yeah, I think they should just let Capaldi be a more serious doctor. John Hurt's short part as the "war doctor" was also serious (though still relatable).

I've just finished the first season of Marvel's Jessica Jones btw. It was really sweet seeing Tennant doing a completely different role. He's still my favourite doctor. A pretty good actor all in all.

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've met him a couple of times at events, and he's a really nice guy. Shared a table with him at some charity thing, and he was much more into the stage acting than Doctor Who (though there were a number of other thesps at the table so maybe it was just a more prevalent topic).

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That might be one of the "longest" time loop plots I've seen. Obviously this has been done dozens of times. Run Lola Run, Blind Chance, Groundhog Day, Forest Gump, Time Crimes, TimeCop, an episode of TNG, X-files, Lost, GvsE, etc.

I recently saw a cheapo Indie film though that has a similar loop, Triangle. Pretty decent for cheapo sci-fi. Much better than typical Sci-Fi channel fare.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've no doubt this will be a controversial statement, but last night's episode just finished the greatest season of Who since the re-launch. By this I mean the most solid. IMO it only had one weak episode, the Sandman monster of the week they ran. Otherwise everything was stellar. No other season in modern Who can say that. Not even close.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads