• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you re-rack your weights when you finish with a piece of equipment?

supermidget

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gibonius
The guys that do the "RAUAHUAGHHHHHHHHHHHH" every rep on their 12 rep bicep curl sets are obnoxious. People grunting when they're doing squats, deads, Oly lifts, etc are fine, it just sort of happens sometimes.

this. grunting on your heavy set or on your last rep is entirely fine, but don't make a spectacle out of yourself.

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
eh, whatever, grunting I don't mind.

but throwing plates and letting them roll around, that's bullshit. dude just roidbenched 400 and he can't put 45 lbs down on the ground? ****

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
Where? I am up there now, and yes, it seems some people almost take pleasure in knowing someone will clean up after them. One of the many reasons I bailed on NYSC and am happier at Synergy

NYSC on 86th and Lex...
facepalm.gif

BBSLM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pebblegrain
eh, whatever, grunting I don't mind.

but throwing plates and letting them roll around, that's bullshit. dude just roidbenched 400 and he can't put 45 lbs down on the ground? ****

chestbrah-o.gif

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Always ... and it's my home gym.

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
whenever I'm home at my parents' place I do the same thing, even though I'm the only person that uses the home gym.

And I rerack rather neurotically when I'm in the gym. I don't want to be perceived as a douchebag, so I'll rerack if I'm going to finish up my last set after I go do another couple sets of a different exercise.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
I usually do, and funny enough, just the other day, I saw an opening on a bench I wanted, finished up quickly and didn't. Some small guy then went to use what I left my weights on...I went right over to apologize for being a dick and helped him de-rack. He was appreciative. I also leave my towel on the bench so I don't have my skin on it (not so much for everyone else, but me) so i don't have a problem when i need to get water. I'm also very conscious when I refill my bottle, and will always let people go while I wait to fill er up. People at the gym are great with this but then you have ashole parents in the parks who fill up 80 water balloons with their kids while your sweating, panting waiting for some water....assholes.

Get over yourself. Children and their balloons come ahead of tired, dirty, old men creeping around in parks.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ThatGuy

Reaction score
As I go to th gym to lift, I don't really care if weights are racked or not. It just means more walking around and moving things around. Not too much of a big deal. I'm not a pansy.

Oh yeah, I rack my weights though.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BBSLM
chestbrah-o.gif

Do all of those plates slip off the bar and bounce themselves back on to the rack? If not, that gif has nothing to do with the previous one.

BBSLM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by otc
Do all of those plates slip off the bar and bounce themselves back on to the rack? If not, that gif has nothing to do with the previous one.

ok, dipshit, it's not a completely related gif of chestbrah throwing weights, the first of which was posted in response to

Originally Posted by pebblegrain
but throwing plates and letting them roll around,

Mr. Clean

Reaction score
Depends. Always on the benches since people often need to move around the bars. However, for some of the machines at my gym there is a a bit of a convention to leave an average amount of weights on all the time. It's assumed that whoever uses them next will be likely to need them anyway. It works for me.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've found people in the gyms at hotels to be the worst offenders.

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always put dumbbells back (unless someone is waiting to use the bench and wants the same weight), barbells have the plates either left on them or on the floor (nowhere to actually put them, if they had a rack I'd use it), but tbh if someone just lifted 30kg and I want to lift 20kg I'd rather take off 10kg than put 20kg on.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrsamin1