• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dior homme jacket or coat?? opinion needed!

MyHeartIsMyProphet

Reaction score
The jacket is wonderful, except for the cuffs!
And I think 1400$ is a very good price for DH, anyway. (I bought a military style jacket from Gucci in 2003, quite similar to this one, and paid 1290€ for it, that is just under 2K$)

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jyeom12
I got around some cash, and I was gonna go for dior homme overlapping jacket,
but when I went to the store, the overlapping coat looked pretty nice also.
I need your opinion on which one to get. The jacket is about 1400 after tax, and the
coat is about 1700 after tax. I'm 175cm and 62kg.
your opinion?
fm2jgw.jpg
14mc64l.jpg

I like the jacket.

modern_leifeng

Reaction score
definitely the jacket, its a thing of beauty, with the coat, I'd prefer something more traditional as an overcoat, whereas the jacket I'd get a lot more wear out of.

whimmypuh

Reaction score
I have already voted jacket , pity the chest is so empty ,would be cool to have the same pocket on the chest .What is the fabric of these two garments ? Wool ?

neil445566

Reaction score
I am looking for the same jacket. Does anyone know where I can get it. Its not available in the US or luisaviaroma. Help out of you can. thnx

Delimit

Reaction score
Personally I think the jacket is more interesting, and I'm guessing it will age better as well.

I'm not wild about the breast pocket on the coat/I like the lack thereof on the jacket; I think it suits the style of the piece much more nicely. Also, the coat is a tad generic looking to me.

chrickelin

Reaction score
I agree with the previous poster. That style fits the jacket better, the coat looks like any other coat. I don't like the fit around the shoulders but that might have something to do with the guy wearing it in the picture.

Dw3610wm

Reaction score
Architecturally the jacket is much more suited to that diagonal design feature; in addition it also has design features like the zips, cuffs, top button and lower two buttons. What is it made of?

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bowtielover
So are you like in chareg of the costuming for Blade Runner the musical or something.

lol8[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads