• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dexter

Composer_1777

Reaction score
Maybe the next season will be about Deb and Dexter's relationship. I agree they seem to be building more on that lately. Tonight is the finale right!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ****!!!!!!! DEXTER owns!

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a bit surprised by this finale. Dexter talked Ramon Prado down right after he put a gun in his face? If Miguel told Ramon to protect him from Dexter, and then Miguel ends up dead a couple days later, isn't that hard to look past?

Also, the skinner confrontation was a let down.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
pretty anti-climactic ending....sorta lacked oomph that I thought there'd be more of

I was surprised that the Skinner and Prado never got linked, but I guess the writers wanted Prado to "live on in memory" as a hero (except to Dex and LaGuerta). And when they do an autopsy of the Skinner wouldnt they find out his neck was snapped pre-collision? oh well, I was satisfied if not a bit let down.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
really anti-climatic and lackluster.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That was a pretty horrible ending considering the fact that in the previous seasons I had to pause several times just to prevent having a stroke from all the stress. Dexter is obviously very good at getting out of situations but that was a little too easy... finishing off the super dooper Contra guy with a rear naked choke. It was way too tidy. It's like the writers thought they have 13 episodes but were informed of only having 12 and were like aww ****.

He talks down a complete and utter psycho with emotional bullshit that in other episodes (the rest of the series actually), he could never, ever say, then dispatches of the skinner that easily? It's all too tidy. I thought the whole Miguel Prado thing was going to lead to some serious ****, but none of this came close to the end of last season.

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought the ending was looking good. Dexter would get caught with the skinner dead. No big deal, Skinner went after Miguel, Dexter was a friend.

It would have been better if there was a reason the Skinner, Miguel, and Freebo, and the brother were tied together. It still seems like the Skinner came out of nowhere for no reason.

Kunk. I have not found what I would call good boards but you can read a bit at

http://dexterwiki.sho.com/thread?t=anon and
http://www.tv.com/dexter/show/62683/forums.html

I do not read anything on the boards other than the episode debriefs and speculation. Which is nice, because you see meaning in many more things than you would by yourself. But, be careful, as I said, it is easy to slip across a spoiler and some of the guys do not consider the book material spoilers at all, so will through it out there.

Berticus

Reaction score
Yeah, quite disappointing. I agree with SField. It seems like they were aiming for 13, but was cut off at 12. Wish they tied the Miguel, Freebo, Skinner and Oscar together.
Originally Posted by Get Smart
And when they do an autopsy of the Skinner wouldnt they find out his neck was snapped pre-collision?
It's Miami, they wouldn't ask for an autopsy. Most places probably wouldn't request an autopsy. Even then, again it's Miami. I don't think they have great pathologists or forensic anthropologist. I certainly wouldn't expect Vince to be able to figure it out. In terms of actual evidence, I'm not in either professions, I think they wouldn't necessarily have evidence to difinitively conclude that the neck was snapped pre-collision, but I think they could suspect it. There wouldn't be any clear evidence like rigor mortis, steroid build up at the injury or signs of decomposition. However, bruises could surface postmortem providing a timeframe. This could indicate that someone else was supposed to be there but wasn't. And if they used uv light with a wavelength under 400 nm, they would find other bruises going across his neck and chest. Worst that would happen is they open an investigation. But Dexter took evidence that would link him - rope and knife. And during the fight he made sure his blood didn't get on anything. Although I suppose someone could get curious about his little trip down the stairs...

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I missing the significance of the blood dripping on the dress at the end? It can't be the Skinner's blood. Maybe it's just foreshadowing that Dexter's gonna kill again in the future?

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^i think the point was there is always blood involved in dex's life, no matter how calm/good things are going.

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NaTionS
Am I missing the significance of the blood dripping on the dress at the end? It can't be the Skinner's blood. Maybe it's just foreshadowing that Dexter's gonna kill again in the future?

To me it said that the each have their own secrets (hers being a previous marriage, his being murder). This sort of wrapped up that story line about her first marriage. It also foreshadows the killing yet to come.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HEWSINATOR
It would have been better if there was a reason the Skinner, Miguel, and Freebo, and the brother were tied together. It still seems like the Skinner came out of nowhere for no reason.

This is my only real gripe with the finale. But either way, I thought it was a pretty solid ending. I mean, Season 2 had him go all the way to London to kill Layla. Now that was stretching it quite a bit. Seems like the norm for Dexter finales (season 1 not included).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics