• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Danner Stumptown Collection

Nopike343

Reaction score

how sure you are?
i have a reply from danner's support and their advise is 10.5.
it's not enough, i need more opinions. i really NEED opinions cause the time to use boots hard is coming..

That is good advise go TTS.

I wear 11.5 in almost all my shoes/boots. I went with one half size down to an 11 in the Danner Stumptown, They were too small, 11.5 would have fit just fine.

Last edited:

herrmj

Reaction score
le_kraken - go true to size on danner mountain lights. Seriously - why wouldn't you be wearing your smartwools with those? Get the stumptown mountain light over the II, leather is nicer.

le_kraken

Reaction score
from one pint i would fell more comfortable ordering a TTS 10.5

BUT

ebay seller who was helping me with sizing information says insole measures ~290mm and the outsole is 330mm.

where is 40mm difference?! is it thick leather? or measurement is wrong? 330mm for 10.5US is way to much i think.

i'm using all the sources cause i need these boots fast and with no mistake, sorry if i bother you guys

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW, here's my sizing breakdown.

i wear 11 in most sneakers: Nike, adidas Rod Lavers/Stan Smiths, etc.
I wear 10.5 in Clark's desert boots.
I wear a 10 in Red Wing.

I went with 10 in the Danners. Chuck the insole things that come w/ them. They're worthless. Buy some Superfeet (green or blue) and you'll be golden. Your Achilles area may be sore for the first 12-15 wearings, depending on fit, but that softens up.

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear
6.5 Daytons ( :crackup: )
7.5 F+B 745,
7.5 Chucks,
8.5 Nike Runners,
8 Nike/Keds sneakers
7~7.5 dress shoes
and went with 8 E Danners. It definitely fits big when worn with thin socks but I would never wear it with think socks anyways so I guess it doesn't matter. When worn with proper gear, fits and feels great.

As for leather its a thick single leather that covers the whole boot. Because of its thickness some it will hurt your feet. Could be your Achilles area and for me it was toe joint area. Very tough, but prone to scratch ( I don't know maybe because I wore them to Yellowsone/ Moab etc. etc. ?). The deciding factor for picking MLII for me was the contrasting stitch of MLII, which I did not like for when I oil them the stitch will stain.. The color tone is also a bit different, with MLII being darker, but the toughness is the same IMO

Last edited:

bin31z

Reaction score
I just tried on some Mountain Lights at a Levi's store of all places and I would recommend people to go with their true size. I wear a 10.5 or 11 in Nike's and my true measured size is 10.5. I tried on a 10 and it fits ok with a medium thickness sock. So I would go with that size if I used the shoes for walking around town. However, there are much better looking boots for casual wear, these boots make you look like a mammoth. I would most definitely hike in these boots, in fact, that is what they are made for. That being said, when walking downhill on a hike, your toes are going to get pushed forward and the hardy leather construction on these boots will hurt after a while if your toes keep jamming into them, especially if you are wearing a thicker sock. In 10, that would have definitely happened since I only have about a half inch of space in the front.

I would recommend getting your true measure size, they will be very comfortable and roomy with medium to heavy socks and won't beat up ur toes if you go hiking with them.

kixslf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

FWIW, here's my sizing breakdown.
i wear 11 in most sneakers: Nike, adidas Rod Lavers/Stan Smiths, etc.
I wear 10.5 in Clark's desert boots.
I wear a 10 in Red Wing.
I went with 10 in the Danners. Chuck the insole things that come w/ them. They're worthless. Buy some Superfeet (green or blue) and you'll be golden. Your Achilles area may be sore for the first 12-15 wearings, depending on fit, but that softens up.

Sound advice right here.

tumblr_lyh461jJKL1qgfl0fo1_500.jpg

A quick pic til Monday.

Last edited:

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm an 11.5. I wear an 11E on the alden trubalance last. When trying on the Mountain Light, the 11.5EE is the one that worked for me. 11 was too narrow

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That being said, when walking downhill on a hike, your toes are going to get pushed forward and the hardy leather construction on these boots will hurt after a while if your toes keep jamming into them, especially if you are wearing a thicker sock.

I would recommend getting your true measure size, they will be very comfortable and roomy with medium to heavy socks and won't beat up ur toes if you go hiking with them. 

Listen to this man

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thats pretty good deal. Wish Mike had them at that price during thanksgiving..

ToledoStyle

Reaction score
Ordered an 11 in the Light Lownsdale and Epaulet accidentally sent me the Danner Mountain Orig, No biggie sent it back to them and am waiting for the right boot to be sent to me. Mike was great about it when I called. When I tried on the Orig it felt great at 11, I usually wear 11 Chucks, 11 1/2, ( Indy 405, Wolverine 1000 Mile, Red Wing Beckman, IR, etc..) Was a great looking boot too, I just have too many similar style boots. Pretty pumped to see the Light Lownsdale tho!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads