1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Danner Stumptown Collection

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by NormanF, Oct 16, 2011.

1. fuzzyearlobes

fuzzyearlobes Well-Known Member

Danner would tell you to order an 11. Personally, I think thats bad advise, and just making up for the fact that they dont make these in D widths.

2. Pecos Bill

Pecos Bill Member

Huh? I thought they had these in D or 2E? Would YOU recommend the 11 2E?

3. fuzzyearlobes

fuzzyearlobes Well-Known Member

The Mountain Lights might come in D, but the Stumptown series does not. If the ones you want come in D, I woud say go true to size.

4. Nopike343

Nopike343 Well-Known Member

I am 11.5 in most shoes, 11 in Danners were definitely too small for me.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/270451/danner-stumptown-collection/45

5. kixslf

kixslf Well-Known Member

6. kixslf

kixslf Well-Known Member

As for sizing advice, I find the last they use on the MTN Light to be extremely narrow and though they say EE, I don't think that's quite accurate.

We still reccomend that everyone size down .5 and for over 2 years, we've had very very few complaints about sizing them that way. I do understand there will be plenty of variation from person to person... you've really just gotta try on a few pairs near you and see how they are.

If you order through us, The Woodlands or Danner, we all offer exchanges for different sizes so don't be worried if you end up with the wrong fit, you can just send em back and get another.

Hope that helps!

7. carbonti

carbonti New Member

I read through this thread for the purpose of getting info on sizing before ordering the Mountain Light Elkins. I also called and spoke to someone at Danner before sending the order through their website and they also recommended to size down by 1/2. So I ordered a size 9.5.

I found the last to be true to size and did not need to size down from my normal shoe size 10. Well, to be more exact, if these were worn without socks, the boot 9.5 would be OK. So I've returned them and bought a size 10. No thick socks - urban dweller use only. The width of EE was nothing too wide so the last would be on the narrow side if it were available in D.

Hope someone gets some good outta this.

8. MichaelPemulis

MichaelPemulis Well-Known Member

I wear 11 or 11.5 in pretty much all shoes, went with 10.5 on stumptown lownsdales and am really happy with fit.

9. MichaelPemulis

MichaelPemulis Well-Known Member

stumptown danners up on "the breakroom" which is a danner overstock site, for the next couple of days.

This is an invite link which, if you use, gives me a credit. feel free to use or not to use. i have the lownsdales, and they are my favorite fall boot b/c they are so light. i paid retail too, and think they are worth it.

tempted to pick up a pair of the black ones with lugged sole for wintertime, as the lownsdales sole is not good for ice/snow. thoughts? also, anyone have experience with christy sole in wintertime conditions in the northeast?

10. knucks

knucks Well-Known Member

got an email about the breakroom today as well, my friend ordered a pair through me. the light elkins.

11. YouthCult

YouthCult New Member

I got the Elkins today--totally awesome for the price. Wish I'd been able to snag the Tanner x Danner Mountain Light Lownsdale but either they never had it in my size or it sold out to fast.

12. uninkco

uninkco Well-Known Member

^ waiting on my pair that i ordered. first time buying danner and as a result i dont have the sizing down. i'm a 10.5 D but very close to E. hoping the 10 EE fits...

13. uninkco

uninkco Well-Known Member

^ Fits like a glove.

14. YouthCult

YouthCult New Member

I was in some serious pain from the Elkins for the first week--got atrocious blisters on my heels. I recovered--suffer for fashion.

15. crucialkc

crucialkc Well-Known Member

just wanted to throw it out there that I got some mountain light overtons from Woodlands Supply last fall and they came in a D width. pissed as I was hoping they were going to be EE... ughhhh

16. Fatsix

Fatsix New Member

Has anyone tried the Lotus Isle?

[​IMG]

I'm looking for a casual boot. I absolutely love my Danner hot steel RAT's for work. Light Patterson would have been perfect.

17. ac102

ac102 Member

can anyone proxy me factory seconds of lownsdale?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  18. dubcbadass

dubcbadass Well-Known Member

PSA: Amazon has some Stumptown models available for 20% off and Prime, so 20% off plus free two-day shipping. Probably haven't seen a better deal on first-quality Danners.

19. batchelor22

batchelor22 Active Member

Yes, have the Lotus Isle. Good looking boot, needed a little more breaking than my Pittmans. I would recommend them.

20. ZenSilk

ZenSilk Active Member

How is the break-in and feeling of these boots for those of you that own the Mountain Light II's? The z-tongue has been giving me some issues, mainly on my right foot. The crease presses down onto the seam of the tongue creating a pressure that is always present and gets worse when the toe is bent in movement. After a month the pressure has slightly subsided but not enough to be worn laced tightly for practical use (longer walks, hikes).

Any remedies? I have treated them with Obenauf Oil and the leather has become very wonderfully rich and supple but this does not seem to affect the seam issue.