• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The 2024 Styleforum and Epaulet Alpaca Project

For the third year in a row, we're thrilled to partner with @Epaulet to bring you an exclusive collection of luxurious sweaters, hats, jackets, and blankets in Peruvian Alpaca.

Details can be found here

The Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dacks and other Canadian shoe brands

VintageZealot

Reaction score
Hey all! Listing this pair soon and needed some help dating them properly. Also, I know there is somewhere in this thread that has information on dating Dack’s but it seems to be buried quite deep!

Anyone have an idea roughly what page of the thread this information is on or better yet want to give an updated post in the thread for anyone who is new since posted last!

View attachment 2212469 View attachment 2212471 View attachment 2212473 View attachment 2212475 View attachment 2212477
Nice pair of shoes!

The most comprehensive post on dating Dack's shoes that I'm aware of is this one on page 97: https://www.styleforum.net/threads/dacks-and-other-canadian-shoe-brands.280440/post-9925305

It looks like your pair would likely be from the 1970s.

Reaction score

Robi123

Reaction score
Just bought a pair of Dacks Tassel Loafers for $21 at talize. They’re in such great condition, I had to google the company and now I’ve been reading on its history. Glad to find this hidden Canadian gem, and now I’ll be on the lookout for other models of this company

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just bought a pair of Dacks Tassel Loafers for $21 at talize. They’re in such great condition, I had to google the company and now I’ve been reading on its history. Glad to find this hidden Canadian gem, and now I’ll be on the lookout for other models of this company
Also look for Hartt, John McHale, Florsheim by John McHale... any brands made in CANADA

goatamous II

Reaction score
Anybody a 13.5D?

1000015661.jpg
1000015662.jpg

gnarbarn

Reaction score
I'm looking for some info on these. They were made for/branded for a mens footwear store in Moose Jaw Saskatchewan in what I can gather was the late 70's or 80's. They were purchased from an auction recently and haven't seen the light of day in 40 years. Likely Canadian made, the style number is 875 on the (original) box, the internal stamp has 1733. There is a hangtag that says the leather is Scottish. They are heavy. Many thanks for any help.

Attachments

• AA---8T0A0015.jpg
    AA---8T0A0015.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 14
  • AA-8T0A0011.jpg
    AA-8T0A0011.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 14
  • AA---8T0A0004.jpg
    AA---8T0A0004.jpg
    297.8 KB · Views: 31
  • AA - 8T0A0016.jpg
    AA - 8T0A0016.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 31

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for some info on these. They were made for/branded for a mens footwear store in Moose Jaw Saskatchewan in what I can gather was the late 70's or 80's. They were purchased from an auction recently and haven't seen the light of day in 40 years. Likely Canadian made, the style number is 875 on the (original) box, the internal stamp has 1733. There is a hangtag that says the leather is Scottish. They are heavy. Many thanks for any help.
Size is 11E.

@Jiqea is our residential expert on vintage Canadian brands. Hopefully he can shed some light on this mystery (See what I did there?)

Jiqea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply. I have been away. I am thinking it is more likely that they are English made. I am not familiar with a Craftsman brand made by any Canadian quality makers in the 70's. Other than McHale, no other Canadian makers were making nailed heel shoes in the 70's, but it was still common in England. I do think they are from the 70's given the price point. Very well made shoes, size 11E. They remind me very much of some English made shoes that were made to order for high end retailers in Toronto, such as Owens Elmes or Harry Young Shoes.

I will try to did a little deeper later this week.

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beaversdamm