• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dacks and other Canadian shoe brands

zeromus

Reaction score
looking great! I assume you work in the legal profession given your account name? I feel like part of the fun is picking your outfit :p

I enjoy work from home, but not going to lie, my in office days let me wear my shoes I keep in office on rotation and it's something I look forward to. I'm not super into suits and ties though, I mostly keep to light slacks and a neat button down.

If I were more organized and had to go in more often, maybe I'd make more of an effort to build more of a stylish wardrobe over time though. Definitely need to refresh my wardrobe to do it though. I have been fluctuating weight the last year or so and with a toddler its hard to be consistent. Lost a bunch, bought stuff, gained a smidge back now I'm in between the two sets of clothes I own. One set too big, the other too small XD

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looking great! I assume you work in the legal profession given your account name? I feel like part of the fun is picking your outfit :p

I enjoy work from home, but not going to lie, my in office days let me wear my shoes I keep in office on rotation and it's something I look forward to. I'm not super into suits and ties though, I mostly keep to light slacks and a neat button down.

If I were more organized and had to go in more often, maybe I'd make more of an effort to build more of a stylish wardrobe over time though. Definitely need to refresh my wardrobe to do it though. I have been fluctuating weight the last year or so and with a toddler its hard to be consistent. Lost a bunch, bought stuff, gained a smidge back now I'm in between the two sets of clothes I own. One set too big, the other too small XD

Yeah, lawyer.

Buy a few pairs of shoes to be worn indoors only as part of WFH environment. I have 12 pairs of shoes and boots that I only wear indoors at home. So it keeps things clean and I don't worry about contamination.

Jiqea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up this lovely pair of Hartt cap-toes this week from @tonylamerCJC. Thanks so much. They are from the early 60's and are a perfect fit for me at 10.5D. I love finding this early Canadian stuff in my size.

IMG_0297.jpg
IMG_0298.jpg
IMG_0302.jpg

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I clearly have a problem. I swore off vintage shell after a few pairs have cracked on me (vamp, and eyelets). Putting aside the financial investment, I hate the heartache of conditioning and then seeing vintage shell crack on me. It's traumatic and scarring.

Also, I have rarely found a pair in my 8.5eee size. My current pairs are in 9E, 9.5D, 9eee, and 9ee. Most of the 9E (Florsheim) fit well enough that I make due.

So per my usual daily routine, I was checking @davidVC watch list on vcleat.com.

And what do I see?

A pair of Florsheim.

Sized 8.5eee.

In shell (seller didn't know he has shell). And Canadian made by John McHale. JM didn't make a lot of shell shoes. So rarity of rarity.

I know my obligations and immediately bought them. Bonus because it's a Canadian seller so shipping and taxes are minimal.

I'll have a cobbler armour them up with grommets, toe taps, and sole protectors.

Screenshot_20230408-155125_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20230408-155132_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20230408-155137_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20230408-155151_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20230408-155158_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20230408-155207_Samsung Internet.jpg

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another McHale for Florsheim. This pair in my size of 8.5eee.

20230419_083755.jpg
20230419_083759.jpg

Dit_rich

Reaction score
In shell (seller didn't know he has shell)
Darn, I would've jerked the price up if I new -)) LOL.
I had my suspicions but the model # was absolutelly unreadable so I played it safe.
In any case, I am happy they found a new home and are in good hands -)).
Hm, now you made me wonder if the pair of Hanover saddle shoes I have - not for sale - are also shell - they feel the same. I should check that Vcleat article again.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Darn, I would've jerked the price up if I new -)) LOL.
I had my suspicions but the model # was absolutelly unreadable so I played it safe.
In any case, I am happy they found a new home and are in good hands -)).
Hm, now you made me wonder if the pair of Hanover saddle shoes I have - not for sale - are also shell - they feel the same. I should check that Vcleat article again.

They're not shell.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dacks - Thrifted and rebuilt with a brown welt for a different look.

20230426_101400.jpg
20230426_101404.jpg

goatamous II

Reaction score

For those of you who are in the market for boots
Dayton Parade Boots are 50% off

AND BONUS

They've been running 50% off all boots for a while (promo code REBOOT50)

That code still stacks. I just priced out a pair for me and it's $192 after tax
Quite the discount vs the usual pricing

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For those of you who are in the market for boots
Dayton Parade Boots are 50% off

AND BONUS

They've been running 50% off all boots for a while (promo code REBOOT50)

That code still stacks. I just priced out a pair for me and it's $192 after tax
Quite the discount vs the usual pricing
Damn, my size is sold out.

Are these pairs made at the Canada West factory? If so, only worth $200.

BlueSteel

Reaction score

They look exactly like Canada West to me.

goatamous II

Reaction score

Dayton's are made in Vancouver while Canada West are in Winnipeg (iirc)

Interesting tidbit: they're getting rebranded this year, which is why they're clearing out inventory

Some whole hubbub about naming

zeromus

Reaction score
Huh, doesn't appear to be on sale when I go there. Still 695

I am not a fan of the flared bit on the boot anyway, so I wouldn't have grabbed it but decided to see if there were any other sales to stack the 50% on and there's nothing. I wonder if it was a glitch or something and they fixed it before word spread too far. Cuz stacking two 50% codes seems crazy to me.

sunbowl

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I was the one who accidentally set the parade boot to be 50% off and also applicable for the discount code. However, I spoke with the management team and we worked out a way to honor the 75% discount. I love working with this company. Just to let you know.

The sale is still going on and the regular discount codes are still active.

ReBoot50 for 50% off or RebootCSA35 for 30% off CSA boots. while supplies last.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaga39