• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Custom trousers

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I would like to have some grey-flannel trousers custom made for me for $250.00 or less. Anybody know any online tailor services that will allow me to specify style, rise, leg width etc?

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Hemrajani brothers, at MyTailor.com were recommended - as shirtmakers - once before on this board - by Joshua F., I think. Although they don't have an online ordering system for suits or trousers, they have plenty of Super 100s flannel swatches here, and price their flannel trousers at US$175.00. If I were in the market for some custom trousers, and knew all my measurements, I'd e-mail them and see if they'd make a deal... Nick.

joseanes

Reaction score
The Hemrajani brothers, at MyTailor.com were recommended - as shirtmakers - once before on this board - by Joshua F., I think. Although they don't have an online ordering system for suits or trousers, they have plenty of Super 100s flannel swatches here, and price their flannel trousers at US$175.00. If I were in the market for some custom trousers, and knew all my measurements, I'd e-mail them and see if they'd make a deal... Nick.
Have you ordered from them? Where you satisfied?

My View

Reaction score
And Jantzen makes a decent pair of trousers too. And you probably don't have to spend USD 250.00 for most of them - he has a wide selection of swatches for you to pick. I have some made and they are quite good (but I had been personally measured up by Ricky at the shop).

Horace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are a couple of MTM mailorder places in the North of England. Let me see if I can dig the references out -- I lost most everything on my Harddrive, unfortch.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you ordered from them?  Where you satisfied?
Honestly, I can't even remember typing this.

In the near future I'm going to test their shirtmaking abilities - they have quite a few fabrics on their site that I like. Plus, apparently they'll work with a customer's own cloth, and I have any number of fabrics sitting at home that would make awesome shirts...

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
(johnnynorman3 @ April 15 2005,11:26) Chan makes a great pair of pants.
Seconded. And just a nudge above your price point.
Just today got some linen and tropical wool in the post from Chan. $220/copy for trousers, although I suppose that postage and customs might goose that up a little.

takotako

Reaction score
(zjpj83 @ April 16 2005,08:06)
Originally Posted by johnnynorman3,April 15 2005,11:26
Chan makes a great pair of pants.
Seconded. And just a nudge above your price point.
Just today got some linen and tropical wool in the post from Chan. Â $220/copy for trousers, although I suppose that postage and customs might goose that up a little.
$220 seems reasonable, but how about the quality? and workmanship

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads