• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLEFORUM MEETUP - Styleforum and Epaulet at Alfargo's Market NYC (9/27 and 9/28)

This Friday and Saturday night, please join Styleforum and Epaulet at the esteemed Alfargo's Marketplace. It will take place at the Neue House on 25th Street and Park Ave. Everyone is welcome. Check out our Alpaca Project and have beverage on us.

Details can be found here

Fok and the Styleforum Team and Epaulet.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones or Carmina Chelsea Boots?

Mister McGee

Reaction score
After owning a pair of R.M. Williams Comfort Craftsman boots in chestnut yearling leather, I am considering purchasing a pair of Crockett & Jones 5 Chelsea boots in dark brown waxed calf leather or Carmina Chelsea boots in the 810 Forest last.

I am looking for a versatile Chelsea boot that I can wear with business casual (olive/khaki/navy chinos) and on the weekend with dark indigo denim. Equally important is to have a Chelsea that I can pack for travel that will be comfortable wearing all day and still look good for a night out.

I looked at the C&J #8 Chelsea and Carmina with the more streamlined lasts but not sure how they would look with more casual wear such as straight leg denim.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Pascal1980

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I actually like to pair my elegant chelsea boots with a slim last and almond or chiseled toe with dark indigo jeans and a sport jacket for a refined and elegant smart casual look. Also with a chino and blazer do the more elegant chinos look great. In winter my soft square toe chelseas with a vibram cleated sole and fur lining have a mirror polish and look elegant yet sturdy with a three-pice suit when the snow and rain make the cobble stone slippery.

Hence I would always for a more dressy chelsea boot to look great with dark indigo denim, chinos and even a suit in bad weather.

Best regards

Pascal

KOz

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I actually like to pair my elegant chelsea boots with a slim last and almond or chiseled toe with dark indigo jeans and a sport jacket for a refined and elegant smart casual look. Also with a chino and blazer do the more elegant chinos look great. In winter my soft square toe chelseas with a vibram cleated sole and fur lining have a mirror polish and look elegant yet sturdy with a three-pice suit when the snow and rain make the cobble stone slippery.

Hence I would always for a more dressy chelsea boot to look great with dark indigo denim, chinos and even a suit in bad weather.

Best regards

Pascal
I can't imagine mirror polished calf and denim working harmoniously. Perhaps you have some pictures?

Mister McGee

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

Best regards

Pascal
May I ask which specific model Chelsea boot do you wear?

Pascal1980

Reaction score
Hello KOz and Mister McGee,

my winter chelseas in black calf with a vibram sole are from Shoepassion, the German brand from Berlin that produces its shoes in Spain (Cordwainer I guess). The successor boot is the following one, with a Dainte sole:

The other chelsea boots are the Luzern chelseas in chestnut and cognac museum calf from Heinrich-Dinkelacker:

Unfortunately I do not have pictures wearing the boots. I love them anyway. Heinrich-Dinkelacker is a German-Hungarian style of shoes with double-leather soles from Rendenbach, brass nails to fix the second sole, etc.

Best regards

Pascal

Mister McGee

Reaction score
When deciding between the Crockett & Jones 5 Chelsea boots and the Carmina Chelsea boots for versatility and comfort, consider a few key factors. The Crockett & Jones 5 Chelsea boots in dark brown waxed calf leather offer a classic yet robust option that pairs well with both business casual attire and weekend denim. Their waxed calf leather is durable and can handle travel well, while still looking sharp for evening outings. On the other hand, Carmina's Chelsea boots on the 810 Forest last provide a sleeker silhouette that adds a touch of sophistication to your outfits, though they may lean slightly more towards formal wear compared to the Crockett & Jones. For a boot that seamlessly transitions from business casual with chinos to weekends in dark indigo denim, the Crockett & Jones option might offer more versatility. Both choices are excellent in quality and style, so it ultimately depends on whether you prefer a more robust or streamlined look for your everyday and travel needs.
Thank you for the detailed reply. I went ahead and purchased the Crockett & Jones 5 Chelsea boots in the dark brown waxed calf leather and pleased with them. I agree with your sentiments on the C&J boot offering a classic yet robust option and they will work well for business casual and weekend denim. The Carmina boot looks very nice too but if I was concerned they may look slightly too formal to wear with denim or a more casual look.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Thank you for the detailed reply. I went ahead and purchased the Crockett & Jones 5 Chelsea boots in the dark brown waxed calf leather and pleased with them. I agree with your sentiments on the C&J boot offering a classic yet robust option and they will work well for business casual and weekend denim. The Carmina boot looks very nice too but if I was concerned they may look slightly too formal to wear with denim or a more casual look.
You’re replying to an AI generated post.

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hightechtraders