• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

DSky

Reaction score
Paid. Waiting on last two I suppose and then we're set. Sorry for the wait guys

Waiting for an invoice. Should be all set later today. Rest assured it will be taken care of before the price increase.

Sorry I have been behind jumping on this. Amazon has kept me way too occupied.

Last edited:

Skelnik

Reaction score
Thanks for the reassurance. I also told her I have the same size in wolverine 1000 mile boots but she didn't mention them in her reply. Those actually fit me a bit loose. I don't think she realizes how narrow the 65 last can run. I am pretty confident that one full size is the way to go. Thanks for your quick reply.

Yes, I agree, 1 full size from the 65 last is the way to go.

Falu_al

Reaction score

[COLOR=DAA520]Whisky Cheviot 2 GMTO[/COLOR]​

[COLOR=21219C] [/COLOR]
GMTO Specs:
Last: 325
Width: E
Color: Whisky
Material: Shell Cordovan
Eyelets: Blind/Hidden (TBD this is the current preference)
Edges: Natural
Welt: Storm
Sole: JR Double Leather

Price with double JR soles:
Price (Including VAT) - £665
Price - (Excluding VAT) - £556.67 = about $691.12 (at current exchange rate)

Postage - This varies depending on where the customer is based. £30 to USA

[COLOR=FF0000]Prices go up £25 March 1. We need to have full payment by the 28th to get in before that happens.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=417394][COLOR=FF8C00]Whisky Cheviot 2 GMTO Spreadsheet[/COLOR][/COLOR]

• [COLOR=33CC00]10/12 Signed up![/COLOR] [COLOR=FF0000]Need two more![/COLOR] Unfortunately we lost one so we are sitting at 10. I'd say if we don't have the spots filled by Sunday it is very unlikely we'll get everyone in by the 28th. I'm happy to continue the GMTO after the increase if there is interest.
Just signed up, but i am not sure the difference between "natural" and antique. Do we have any pics to compare? I have the cheviot 2s already, and for those who are confused about sizing, the UK8.5E is the same length, yet slightly wider than US9D (i have the black fleece ones).

Falu_al

Reaction score

[URL=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bZ6_ctp_ElaAqFORjMMnwLZw_BRkxZV59z6rk5SvZhk/edit#gid=1245397831][COLOR=8B4513]brown shell MArlow Ptb[/COLOR]

The proposed makeup is identical to the RL Marlow PTB but it will be made under the Grasmere model (on the 325 last). The specs are: Specs:
  • Grasmere (325 last)
  • Dark brown (C&J color "dark cognac") shell cordovan
  • Exposed eyelets
  • Storm welt
  • Antique welt/edge
  • Separate signups for Double leather soles and Dainite soles
Price: £620 (less VAT is £516.67). Shipping to US is £30.00. I believe that the price indicated includes the increase to be applied on March 1. So, perhaps if we get 12 and all pay before then the price will be lower. The list for those interested in double leather soles remains at 7. The list for those interested in Dainite soles is now at 10; the list was at 8 yesterday. Click on BROWN SHELL MARLOW PTB above to go to the signup spreadsheet. Feel free to contact me with any questions!
[/url]
Just singed up for the Dainite list, works perfectly here in rainy Hong Kong.

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Signed up for Cheviot 2 too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great! We need one more as someone droppe according to the spreadsheet. I think it was @boomer, if you confirm you are out that'd be great just in case your name was removed by someone by mistake.

Someone posted a picture of the Dundees with a natural welt a few pages back. According to Lauren when antique is requested it is brown.

MSAINT

Reaction score
For information purpose, as I did that for a friend, I thought this might interest someone here.: C&J 228 (Snowdon) & 325 (Coniston) compare

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whisky Cheviot 2 GMTO

GMTO Specs:
Last: 325
Width: E
Color: Whisky
Material: Shell Cordovan
Eyelets: Blind/Hidden (TBD this is the current preference)
Edges: Natural
Welt: Storm
Sole: JR Double Leather

Price with double JR soles:
Price (Including VAT) - £665
Price - (Excluding VAT) - £556.67 = about $691.12 (at current exchange rate)

Postage - This varies depending on where the customer is based. £30 to USA

Prices go up £25 March 1. We need to have full payment by the 28th to get in before that happens.

Whisky Cheviot 2 GMTO Spreadsheet

• 10/12 Signed up! Need two more! Unfortunately we lost some as we gained some so we are sitting at 10. Lets fill it up. I'm happy to continue the GMTO after the increase if there is interest.

jitkie

Reaction score
Unfortunately it seems that the Whiskey Cheviot will not make the February 28 deadline. It is with much sadness that I forego my position in the GMTO. All the best and hope the GMTO succeeds.

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately it seems that the Whiskey Cheviot will not make the February 28 deadline. It is with much sadness that I forego my position in the GMTO. All the best and hope the GMTO succeeds.
Are you withdrawing if/when we do not make the deadline or now regardless?

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know money doesn't grow on trees, but it almost seems silly to pull out of a GMTO just because the price will go from ~$691 to ~$717 USD. Percentage-wise it's a very small increase.

I do understand the bad taste it leaves in your mouth knowing the price could have been a tad lower. But still . . .

Last edited:

ltjaw

Reaction score
Press on with the Cheviot, gents. Rather than consider the March 1 price increase, think of what a discount the exchange rate is giving us US customers compared to a few years ago. And consider the likelihood of finding an Alden longwing blucher in whiskey shell.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Press on with the Cheviot, gents. Rather than consider the March 1 price increase, think of what a discount the exchange rate is giving us US customers compared to a few years ago. And consider the likelihood of finding an Alden longwing blucher in whiskey shell.

Agree with this.

I do wish C&J's current "whiskey" shell looked more like their old whiskey, and not like Allen Edmond's "walnut" shell looked like a few years ago. But that's just personal preference!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads