• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Aurdelon

Reaction score
I'm interested in anything dark brown shell honestly. i've been thinking of taking the plunge on the stock harlechs but haven't quite gotten there yet.
I need a pair of derbies. It can be a Grasmere, Onslow or Brompton honestly I am open to something like that. I an open to dark brown shell. What do you think about #375 last and 270° flat welt?

sirsigsalot

Reaction score
I need a pair of derbies. It can be a Grasmere, Onslow or Brompton honestly I am open to something like that. I an open to dark brown shell. What do you think about #375 last and 270° flat welt?

The only pair i have at the moment is a pair of grasmeres on 325. how does 375 fit?

Moostyle

Reaction score
I'm interested in anything dark brown shell honestly. i've been thinking of taking the plunge on the stock harlechs but haven't quite gotten there yet.
Harlechs are nice but the tounge design is awful, it is so thin (lacking in width) that it constantly creeps around the ankle and creates discomfort, no matter how tight you tie to boots. My Islays are the same. I do not have this problem on any other of my non-C&J boots and need to see if I can get it stitched in place to fix that.

Also I got the double leather sole covered with rubber as the traction is terrible on any wet surface. One day I would love to have them resoled with a city or ridgeway sole.

Last edited:

BurgundyOxfords

Reaction score
Harlechs are nice but the tounge design sf awful, it is so thin (lacking in width) that it constantly creeps around the ankle and creates discomfort, no matter how tight you tie to boots. My Islays are the same. I do not have this problem on any other of my non-C&J boots and need to see if I can get it stitched in place to fix that.

Also I got the double leather sole covered with rubber as the traction is terrible on any wet surface. One day I would love to have them resolved with a city or ridgeway sole.
The half bellows tongue is a solution to this issue. This also why the tan scotchgrain Islay GMTO will have it!

shoeinvestor

Reaction score
Harlechs are nice but the tounge design sf awful, it is so thin (lacking in width) that it constantly creeps around the ankle and creates discomfort, no matter how tight you tie to boots. My Islays are the same. I do not have this problem on any other of my non-C&J boots and need to see if I can get it stitched in place to fix that.

Also I got the double leather sole covered with rubber as the traction is terrible on any wet surface. One day I would love to have them resolved with a city or ridgeway sole.
Hm, the tongue issue seems to vary a lot. I have four pairs of Harlechs and none of them has a tongue issue.

Moostyle

Reaction score
The half bellows tongue is a solution to this issue. This also why the tan scotchgrain Islay GMTO will have it!
Nice. I will do the same for my next pair too, likely Islay in navy shell with city/ridgeway.
Hm, the tongue issue seems to vary a lot. I have four pairs of Harlechs and none of them has a tongue issue.
Maybe the shape of your leg has something to do with it, who knows. my enjoyment of them will improve immensely if I can get it to stay in place maybe by some thread attaching it to the upper on the inside-side of the leg (the tounge always creeps to the outside-side of my legs).

Last edited:

Moostyle

Reaction score
Is anyone interested in an Islay (365)navy blue shell GMTO?

---------------------
-Style: C&J Islay
-Last: 365
-Material: Navy blue shell cordovan
-Tounge: Half bellows tounge
-Eyelets: Exposed gunmetal colour (4 rows)
-Hooks: Gunmetal colour (5 rows)
-Stitching upper: Matching colour (non-contrast)
-Welt: 360 or 270 degree storm welt (likely 360)
-Edging colour: Black
-Stitching welt: Matching to edging colour
-Sole: Ridgeway (for grip and comfort, I do not like double leather soles.
-----------------------

Alex quoted me £1150 (£958.33 ex-Vat, plus shipping) with a minimum of 6 participants.

365 is for me a goldilocks last, slim at the heel and wide at the forefoot, yet still elegant, and would look awesome in navy shell. I have not specced any contrast stitching because this is already a very visible design and colour and I want to make it as "under the radar" as brogued navy shell can possibly get. The Ridgeway sole is discreet and will give it both comfort and grip. :)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads