• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Marmite89

Reaction score
Hello @Marmite89 @Ehtifal @kevking @Caligula77 @CasuallyWorked @FatTuesday ,

Anyone from among the Whiskey Lindrick group open to four exposed eyelets and four speedhooks?

And also perhaps a Dainite sole?

It's not good form to try to change a GMTO at the 11th hour.
With that said, I'm agreeable to 4 hooks and 4 eyelets.

Hard NO to Dainite.

As a general point, full agreement that now, at the final hurdle, is not the time to be swapping major specs that have been agreed.

Normally I’m pretty flexible and you’ll see on the original sign-up sheet that I was open to options on both sole and speed hooks/eyelets. But now, at this stage, I’d rather not change. Dainite would be my least preferred choice. I’m keen to go all eyelets as I don’t have this option in my collection and if I remember right, this is as per the original design spec on the Lindrick as made for RL.

TLDR: I’d rather not change

Gustaf

Reaction score
Gents, I am still getting the error message when opening the Google sheet, "File is on owner's trash". Do I need to do something?

With reference to the Sep 1 price increase, I wonder if it would be possible to gather eight brave men for the Russian Grain Coniston? Who is onboard?

@owenshill @Coolhand0302 @SteveL91 @joecrouton @nishant @isaho1 @stephenaf2003

Edit: The price is confirmed at £950. The spec is exactly as stated in the MTO sheet, i.e. Ridgeway, exposed eyelets, regular tongue (changed from half bellows due to the following information from Alex at C&J: "We don’t make styles in Russian Grain with bellows tongues, as the leather isn’t suitable, due to it being veg tanned and not water resistant. So, these can only be made with standard tongues.").

Edit 2: Just got this clarification from Alex:

"To avoid any confusion, this price increase will not affect any GMTO that have already been quoted after March 2023. It will mostly affect single MTOs. As the factory is extremely busy, they are happy to accept 6 participants as a minimum."

So the price of £950 will not be affected by the Sep 1 price increase as it was quoted after March. What has changed is that six participants are enough.

Last edited:

Gustaf

Reaction score
Any idea on price? I would be down (most likely) as long as it's on a rubber sole!

The price is £950. This and the full spec are in the MTO sheet, do you have access to it? I am having trouble viewing it myself as there is a large error message in the way, so I am afraid I can't copy the spec table, but sole is Ridgeway, eyelets all exposed antique brass, width regular, last 325.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. I thought your name was on the list. My mistake.
No you’re right I was initially, but posted awhile ago that I was out.

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
... Based on this uncertainty and, admittedly, my own lack of patience with GMTO:s that fail to complete despite apparently having enough support, I too am out... I wish those still interested success in completing this GMTO!
Hey @Gustaf - this is you, right?

We’re discussing the Russian grain Coniston GMTO on another thread with the remaining interested parties, as Alex (and quite frankly, the forum) thought you were “out,” as you put it… are you back in?

Not trying to hijack your GMTO or anything, but also don’t want to confuse participants with multiple points of contact… let us know if you’re back in and it’s all yours again…

Gustaf

Reaction score
Hey @Gustaf - this is you, right?

We’re discussing the Russian grain Coniston GMTO on another thread with the remaining interested parties, as Alex (and quite frankly, the forum) thought you were “out,” as you put it… are you back in?

Not trying to hijack your GMTO or anything, but also don’t want to confuse participants with multiple points of contact… let us know if you’re back in and it’s all yours again…

Good question! I was out, that is true, which is also what I told Alex. I am still OUT when it comes to being the main point of contact and trying to rally the masses. I did that, only to have people who signed up drop out when the time came to put in the orders and the whole thing went from eight names to three. I am back IN insofar as that I am willing to join the GMTO if someone else does all the hard work and all I have to do is put my name on the list and pay up. I realize my latest posts contradict this somewhat, but that is the general gist of it. Sorry for the confusion. I still hope this GMTO materializes at some point.

grimnir-4.jpg

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll throw my hat in the ring for the Russian Reindeer Connistons. Does this get us over the top? I believe 6 is the new minimum.

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
I'll throw my hat in the ring for the Russian Reindeer Connistons. Does this get us over the top? I believe 6 is the new minimum.
If we’re not there yet, we’re awfully close…

Anyone else interested in joining in on the Russian grain Coniston make-up:

- Model: Coniston
- Leather: J&FJ Baker’s Russian grain
- Last: 325
- Welt: Storm
- Sole: Ridgeway
- Eyes: Antique Brass: 8 exposed or 4 exposed + 4 speedhooks
- Price: £ 950 (£ 792 ex-VAT)

Link to signup page: https://docs.google.com/file/d/1ARs...nI1bpc/edit?usp=docslist_api&filetype=msexcel

kevenmee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If we’re not there yet, we’re awfully close…

Anyone else interested in joining in on the Russian grain Coniston make-up:

- Model: Coniston
- Leather: J&FJ Baker’s Russian grain
- Last: 325
- Welt: Storm
- Sole: Ridgeway
- Eyes: Antique Brass: 8 exposed or 4 exposed + 4 speedhooks
- Price: £ 950 (£ 792 ex-VAT)

Link to signup page: https://docs.google.com/file/d/1ARs...nI1bpc/edit?usp=docslist_api&filetype=msexcel

FYI, I don't have access to the signup page
1693114888542.png

Either way, I'm interested in a pair of Conistons. I reached out to Alex to see if they would greenlight a pair of dark brown shell hatchgrain and if that's not possible, I'll jump on this russian hatch grain one (ideally, 4/4 + rubber soles)!

Last edited:

lurker33

Reaction score
I don't have access to the doc, but I'm interested, preferably 4 speed hooks. Gotta get some russian calf before it gets to shell levels of expensive.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
polymshamy