• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi. I already have 2 different pairs recently acquired in burgundy shell. So not a colour i would want. But YES for the Lindrick in whiskey shell with exposed eyelets on ridgeway. Thanks for agreeing to set up the sheet. We could run it till the end of year and see how many names it can gather.
Already have it, but whiskey Lindricks in double leather are where it's at!

kevking

Reaction score
Yes @kevking, a taker here for around December time if it can be a Lindrick on whiskey shell with exposed eyelets and ridgeway sole?
Hi Ehtifal, I found this post, and I think this is mostly what we’re looking at, with 2 differences. The first is the sole, we’re looking at Ridgeway, and Nishant’s are Dainite. The other difference is more of a question: are you looking for exposed eyelets all the way up? Or 4 exposed eyelets and 4 speed hooks?

Post in thread '** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)'
https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...read-reviews-quality-etc.227575/post-10204599

Marmite89

Reaction score
How is a new proposal sheet created in the spreadsheet? Should one just click on the '2023 template' sheet and use that?

Well, thats 2 to begin with already. Can you (or someone) create a GMTO sheet for it? Lindrick in whiskey shell with exposed eyelets on ridgeway sole.

I’m not sure I know how… can anyone who has started one, give us any help?

Whisky Lindrick:
OK, that is the sheet set up. Link here: Google Sheet
I don't mind contacting C&J to start spec'ing and pricing this up, or you are more than welcome to enjoy doing that for yourself. Let me know if you would like a hand.

I really like @nishant 's images that you linked to. I could happily go with the original RL design and have all exposed eyelets, instead of 4x4 with speed hooks. I am sole agnostic, if I had to lean to a preference I would go with Ridgeway, but equally, I think a Whisky boot works very nicely on Double Leather.

And as per my other post, everything I have said above I could very much apply to a Burgundy Lindrick too!

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score
Whisky Lindrick:
I don't mind contacting C&J to start spec'ing and pricing this up, or you are more than welcome to enjoy doing that for yourself. Let me know if you would like a hand.

I really like @nishant 's images that you linked to. I could happily go with the original RL design and have all exposed eyelets, instead of 4x4 with speed hooks. I am sole agnostic, if I had to lean to a preference I would go with Ridgeway, but equally, I think a Whisky boot works very nicely on Double Leather.

And as per my other post, everything I have said above I could very much apply to a Burgundy Lindrick too!
Thanks for the google sheet @Marmite89 . I'll get in touch with C&J (via Alex) for spec'ing and pricing this. I will manage this project and contact you if i need a hand at any stage. I really liked Nishant's photos. I would certainly prefer all exposed eyelets (no speed hooks). Happy with either ridgeway or dainite. Thanks again.

Last edited:

kevking

Reaction score
Whisky Lindrick:

I’m fine with all exposed eyelets. And, like you, I’d be happy with this in burgundy shell, too!

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh man, after all that effort… I should get a percentage for giving them the idea haha. At least if they give us some different colours. I wouldnt mind a black and blue one. Maybe even green rough out
Green would be epic 🔥

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
💚 gents..
6A070C32-1B5D-425F-8E2C-F7DBA7AC2915.jpeg

shoeinvestor

Reaction score
Sorry for all those photos, but finally I had time to unwrap my Harlechs in green shell cordovan!

Indoors, they are of course quite a dark green with blueish undertones:
IMG_5427.JPG

Together with a belt in green shell cordovan I had made when I aquired my first green shell shoes:
IMG_5432.JPG

And together with their distant relatives, the Swansea in green shell cordovan:
IMG_5437.JPG

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score
Thanks for the google sheet @Marmite89 . I'll get in touch with C&J (via Alex) for spec'ing and pricing this. I will manage this project and contact you if i need a hand at any stage. I really liked Nishant's photos. I would certainly prefer all exposed eyelets (no speed hooks). Happy with either ridgeway or dainite. Thanks again.

Hello folks - for those who've signed up so far for the '2023 Lindrick Whiskey Shell' spreadsheet, we now have a confirmed price via Alex @ C&J which is £1150 inc. VAT. (yes, the price increase is noticeable). The spreadsheet has been updated accordingly. Cheers.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads