• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

shoeinvestor

Reaction score
Harlechs in Burgundy Shell Cordovan, this time under a cloudy sky:

IMG_5304.JPG

IMG_5301.JPG

theundeadkennedy

Reaction score
GMTO Spreadsheet found. Will wait for the proposed Sky (378 last) in Tan Scotch Grain to appear on the spreadsheet
Hey, sorry for the late reply!! I was working in a pretty remote location and have been pretty unplugged for the last month.

I'll get the makeup added to the spreadsheet shortly, thanks for keeping interest alive 🙌🏼

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score
Hey, sorry for the late reply!! I was working in a pretty remote location and have been pretty unplugged for the last month.

I'll get the makeup added to the spreadsheet shortly, thanks for keeping interest alive 🙌🏼
Thanks @theundeadkennedy . Looking forward to it. A Skye/Lindrick in Tan Scotch Grain - with exposed eyelets - with dainite/ridgeway sole. Its going to be superb. Thanks again.
P.S. liking the idea of getting away to a remote location, even if for work.

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score
I wonder if there also might be a GMTO appetite for a Pembroke in Whiskey Shell WITH EXPOSED EYELETS and ON RIDGEWAY/DAINITE SOLES? (modifications highlighted in attachments). Would anyone be interested? If it garners enough interest (e.g., 6 to 12 people), then i can attempt at some point to create an entry on the spreadsheet and manage it (which would be a first for me)

Attachments

• Crockett-_-Jones-Pembroke-Whiskey-Cordovan-5_6e08056e-f9d3-40c2-9d7a-4eecd1d38c1d_1200x900.jpg
    Crockett-_-Jones-Pembroke-Whiskey-Cordovan-5_6e08056e-f9d3-40c2-9d7a-4eecd1d38c1d_1200x900.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 47
  • Crockett-_-Jones-Pembroke-Whiskey-Cordovan-6_1200x900.jpg
    Crockett-_-Jones-Pembroke-Whiskey-Cordovan-6_1200x900.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 190
  • Crockett-_-Jones-Pembroke-Whiskey-Cordovan-1_1200x900.jpg
    Crockett-_-Jones-Pembroke-Whiskey-Cordovan-1_1200x900.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 253

Mallaig

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

We have reached six participants for the Navy Shell Coniston. Hooray!

Looking at the sign up table, there seem to be requests for soles, stitching, and eyelets other than those in the proposed spec. Personally, I have realized, since making the proposal that I would prefer the 335 last; I do not have a strong opinion on this but mention it in case everyone feels the same way (I know this is extremely unlikely).

So, based on the spec in the sheets, which I have pasted below, could all signees please confirm if they are still on board or not? Based on the responses, it may be necessary to try and negotiate a revised spec. (I hope it doesn't come to that.)

Regarding price, I have requested this from Ms Vigouroux today. She will get back to me when she hears back from the factory.

Cc: @SteveL91 @harveyrabbit @LeanMeanHorween @kevking @Caligula77

Specifications
ModelConiston
Last325
WidthE (regular)
LeatherShell Cordovan
ColorNavy
Welt360 Flat (Dark Brown Leather)
SoleDouble leather
Edge FinishDark Brown
Eyelets4 blind eyelets + 4 hooks, Antique Brass
TongueRegular
StitchingRegular
Pull TabYes, regular (fabric)
Price (6 pair)TBD
ETATBD
Added my name to the list and dropped a note to Alex. Happy with any adjustments you make.

Gustaf

Reaction score
Added my name to the list and dropped a note to Alex. Happy with any adjustments you make.

Thanks for the notice. That makes for three confirmed participants: @Mallaig @kevking @Gustaf. All three are OK with exposed eyelets, but blind eyelets remain in spec until we have a consensus decision to change it. What about 335 last instead of 325?

I still haven't heard from the remaining signees: @SteveL91 @harveyrabbit @LeanMeanHorween @Caligula77. We only need three of those four to confirm.

kevking

Reaction score
Thanks for the notice. That makes for three confirmed participants: @Mallaig @kevking @Gustaf. All three are OK with exposed eyelets, but blind eyelets remain in spec until we have a consensus decision to change it. What about 335 last instead of 325?

I still haven't heard from the remaining signees: @SteveL91 @harveyrabbit @LeanMeanHorween @Caligula77. We only need three of those four to confirm.
I’m used to 325 in Pembrokes. What is the difference between it and 335?

Gustaf

Reaction score
I’m used to 325 in Pembrokes. What is the difference between it and 335?

The difference is subtle, but 335 is slightly rounder and roomier in the toe box. Many seem to find it just a tad more comfy than 325. A great but underappreciated boot last. Some posts on the topic:

See also:

kevking

Reaction score
The difference is subtle, but 335 is slightly rounder and roomier in the toe box. Many seem to find it just a tad more comfy than 325. A great but underappreciated boot last. Some posts on the topic:

See also:

Any idea how 335 compares to the 365? I’m wearing Islays today - and they fit well, with more space in the toe box. If the 335 is like that, I’d be ok with the change.

Gustaf

Reaction score
Any idea how 335 compares to the 365? I’m wearing Islays today - and they fit well, with more space in the toe box. If the 335 is like that, I’d be ok with the change.

I’d say 335 is inbetween 325 and 365 in terms of space in the toe box. Alas, 365 - probably C&J’s roomiest last - can’t be used for the Coniston.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads