• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The Uniform/LA Lennon Loose Fit jeans drop is now live! Check out both the light Palms and dark Lithium Both are made from premium Japanese right hand 3x1 denim in the USA,. Uniform/LA is know for premium materials and meticulous pattern making. Support a small business built on quality and integrity.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score
365 is the superior last yet everyone keeps picking 325. You guys know you can do a 365 Coniston, right?
A toe cap design on 365 might look a bit flat and wide (from an ariel view) . And when seen from a opposite viewing angle it will make the toe cap look round and wide (because the 365 last has a rounder wide toe front as opposed to 325 which is a more chiseled round toe front).

Will probably still look good though. Specially if you like bulkier/wider looking top cap boots like Trickers do

Last edited:

martin92

Reaction score
Hello guys, I need advice about ordering MTO boots for my wife. I don't know if this is a best thread for that question, but if it is not, I am sorry.

My wife wide feet (E) but we were not able to find any GYW shoemaker which selling RTW women boots in that width. I found out that C&J offering MTO, so I contacted them if they can made these https://eu.crockettandjones.com/collections/last-618/products/jane-darkbrown-calf boots in width E because my wife absolutely love them, but answer was no. They can't modify last which are in width C. Only solution which they offered me, is pick men last in my asked width, and then can made same boots on that last. I am looking on that men lasts but I can't decide which one is best.

IMO men's lasts look visually longer, sharper, and less rounded on the outside than women's lasts.
Can you give me some recommendation how to solve this dilema? I think that typical derby boots last 325 is not very suitable for woman. I found also lasts 314 and 391 which are nice round, and maybe it could work for women boots. It is pity that there are no options for women with wider feet.
There is one disadvantage with 314 and 391 because these lasts are used only in loafer shoes, so she can't try existing dervby boot how they will fit.

I found that Trickers offering bespoke boots but price is too high.

Last edited:

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score
And for those of us who did the Green RO islay GMTO. It is now released as a regular run :lol:. They "adopted" my GMTO creation :cool2:

Screenshot_20240909_163743_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Last edited:

Pascal1980

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

would anyone be interested in a more formal "Galway" dress boot as an MTO Group Option of the "Perth". The upper leather of the shaft would be Polo Suede, and the lower calf leather would be Chestnut Antique Calf. The last would be either the regular 363 last, or the sleeker chiseled toe 348 last. As outsole I would also suggest a dainite rubber sole that is suitable for smart and casual footwear alike.

Here are photos of examples from Edward Green and an MTO boot in a boutique in France:

Perth in chestnut calf:

An example from Edward Green with Polo Suede and a chestnut-like calf leather:

Or a classic derby boot, like the "Harlech" or "Argyle" or "Northcote", in black boxcalf or darkbrown boxcalf with a dainite rubber sole. Cordovan is expensive, and wax calf is quite casual for smart office clothing in the winter. An example of a black classic and formal derby boot "Hamstead" is a new one from the Cheaney imperial line, but with a leather sole:

-> Who would be interested in such a smart derby boot, which is likely to be more flexible than a balmoral boot with a city rubber sole?

Just some ideas.

Best regards

Pascal

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score
An update on the navy Lindrick from last spring (so something like 17-18 months). Love these. Should take an outdoor pic at some point since indoor lighting doesn't do the navy cordovan justice.
Superb. You've taken the C&J manta of #Madetobeworn literally to heart. These are proper worn in just over 18 months. Glad to see this (instead of boxing them away like some precious artefact)

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdithWharton777