• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

so my lindrick laces are shot ... i called customer service and they dont have replacement laces -__-

have you guys received replacement laces from somewhere??? good alternative?

I love C&J laces! Have you considered replacing with alden laces? I think flat laces would be a nice change. I was in the alden SF a week ago and picked up flat boot laces for $5 each

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BB for Peal for CJ (cross post, inspired by Namor)

Fantastic boots, double leather soles, right?
They look far better than dainite version ( that don't have the wheeled welt) just little details but they make difference.

Last edited:

Hermitedge

Reaction score

Fantastic boots, double leather soles, right?
They look far better than dainite version ( that don't have the wheeled welt) just little details but they make difference.

Thanks fellows. Yea, mine are on a double leather sole, since I'm not big on dainite... well maybe until I slip in these.

smoothie1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RL boutique in Tysons Galleria had them, Georgetown should as well.

I recommend calling ahead. The Georgetown RL store did not have wingtips a few weeks ago. I would try Chevy Chase, or possibly Tysons. Does anyone know where to score the RL plain toe blucher, preferably on sale. Thanks.

BeSpiffington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I recommend calling ahead.  The Georgetown RL store did not have wingtips a few weeks ago.  I would try Chevy Chase, or possibly Tysons. Does anyone know where to score the RL plain toe blucher, preferably on sale.  Thanks. 
I'm pretty positive that the NYC RL Madison Avenue Mens Flagship store has them in stock. To be sure that I got a pair that hadn't been tried on I requested that they ship me a pair direct from their warehouse. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong but the earliest possibility of a sale is in November, and even then I'm not sure because RL considers the Marlow line part of their "core" wardrobe offerings.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty positive that the NYC RL Madison Avenue Mens Flagship store has them in stock. To be sure that I got a pair that hadn't been tried on I requested that they ship me a pair direct from their warehouse. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong but the earliest possibility of a sale is in November, and even then I'm not sure because RL considers the Marlow line part of their "core" wardrobe offerings.

Not sure it's gonna happen this year. Marlow line was included in last years Pink Pony Sale. This year .. not so. Spif your Marlow Wings looking good bro! Best walkin shoe next to the PTB for my money. Softer sole maybe than Alden, or just my bony feet like this last better. Anyway I prefer these over most...

Last edited:

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone wants to know, my story ended with a pair of Alden 975, for the simple reason that it fit me better. Very happy with my purchase!

I am with you brother. 975 is a tremendous shoe with outstanding comfort!
nod[1].gif
Congrats on acquiring an American classic... enjoy,wear often and in great health!

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aside from maybe a few 1 hour wears indoors, the best way to really break in Marlow wingtips is to wear them hard and often, kind of like denim. I remember breaking in my first pair, it felt terrible for the first few days but the shoes eventually molded to my feet. After 100 plus wears, the soles are still in outstanding shape. I wear 10D in the Marlow wingtips and 9.5E in Barrie; 10D eventually softened up and worked well for me. That said, I was defeated by 10D penny loafers and had to sell them.

The shoes seem like they will never require any kind of resole/recraft. The only thing I could maybe consider would be adding metal taps to the toe before wearing outdoors. I am thinking about passing down my well worn pair and starting a new pair. I really prefer their look to the closest Alden analogue (cigar LWB).

Why not the shortwing blucher in ravello or color 8? You don't have to kill your feet to break them in.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couldn't help myself. Wearing my Marlow wingtips in the wild today.

Nice pic my friend. Nice contrast with the thick green grass. Your Marlows look like they are developing a unique patina... slightly reddish-ravello (or maybe just lighting). Either way, looking very good!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads