• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

Vamp-ire

Reaction score
Also going to list these in 11D soon, Marlowe model tassel, one previous owner. Wanted to give this old thread for crack. PM for more photos

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221223-011905_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221223-011905_Gallery.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 224

Camillo

Reaction score
Does anybody know, if RL Marlow is euqivalent to C&J Pembroke, when it comes to sizing? Where they also made on the 325 last? What about the fit - C&J E = Ralph Lauren E?

fwedo

Reaction score
Does anybody know, if RL Marlow is euqivalent to C&J Pembroke, when it comes to sizing? Where they also made on the 325 last? What about the fit - C&J E = Ralph Lauren E?
I have the Coniston (last 325) stamped in 9E (UK size) and Marlow (loafer, not derbies) stamped in 10E (US size, so equivalent to 9 Uk). The fit is not exactly the same. I don’t think the last is the same. Someone at Crockett told me that RL used to have specific last…don’t know if it’s true or not.

elsalvatrucha

Reaction score
Marlowe RL for C&J never work for me. The US 10 was too tight and the 10.5US was too loose. For reference I take a 10E UK in the C&J Harvard and a 10E UK in the galway 2 MTO here. I loved the shoes but never worked for me size wise

Club Soda

Reaction score
Did the Marlow tassel loafer come in a different color from the dark brown cigar? I bought a pair from RL that were a size big. I ended up finding a pair in great condition on Ebay but they're medium brown. I was under the impression the color of a cordovan shoe is essentially locked in and only lightens over time. So being the shoes are in very good condition I'm assuming something was done to them, they were exposed to light, possibly on display, or they came in another color. A reference to the Marlow I have included.

To be fair they look very similar but they aren't that flat dark brown we've seen here. I didn't dog that deep in this thread so excuse me if this has been covered.

Attachments

• tempImageFpbINa.png
    tempImageFpbINa.png
    2 MB · Views: 47
  • tempImageRifZrg.png
    tempImageRifZrg.png
    2 MB · Views: 104
  • tempImagenlGLLu.png
    tempImagenlGLLu.png
    2 MB · Views: 113

vestbash

Reaction score
Did the Marlow tassel loafer come in a different color from the dark brown cigar? I bought a pair from RL that were a size big. I ended up finding a pair in great condition on Ebay but they're medium brown. I was under the impression the color of a cordovan shoe is essentially locked in and only lightens over time. So being the shoes are in very good condition I'm assuming something was done to them, they were exposed to light, possibly on display, or they came in another color. A reference to the Marlow I have included.

To be fair they look very similar but they aren't that flat dark brown we've seen here. I didn't dog that deep in this thread so excuse me if this has been covered.

Yes, they came in different variations of brown, but were not marketed as a different color. The pairs in your photo are original colors.

C_kimlin920

Reaction score
Anyone know if this model is in shell cordovan? And if the sizing shown for RL is in US sizing or UK? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_1234.jpeg
    IMG_1234.jpeg
    195.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1236.jpeg
    IMG_1236.jpeg
    566 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1235.jpeg
    IMG_1235.jpeg
    141.3 KB · Views: 869
  • IMG_1237.jpeg
    IMG_1237.jpeg
    670.5 KB · Views: 834
Last edited:

elsalvatrucha

Reaction score
Anyone know if this model is in shell cordovan? And if the sizing shown for RL is in US sizing or UK? Thanks in advance
Also note I sized down on the Tassel (Take a 10.5 in the wingtip and PTB but 10 in tassel). There was way too much slippage with the 10.5 but the 10 was too tight in the toe box

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads