• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dudes,
I picked up those PTBs from the bay. Youse talked me into them. Will post pix when they arrive. Wearing my pennys today but no chance to snap a good pix.

I got these yesterday and they are great. Not a lot of wear and they are already starting to get some depth. These pix are indoor iPhone so they may be off. Want to say they are between brown and ravello. Different from my shortwings and the penny marlows that I already have. Need to post some 'in the sun' pix.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[/IMG]

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I got these yesterday and they are great. Not a lot of wear and they are already starting to get some depth. These pix are indoor iPhone so they may be off. Want to say they are between brown and ravello.  Different from my shortwings and the penny marlows that I already have. Need to post some 'in the sun' pix.

Sweet. Glad it worked out. I didn't think there was as much wear as people were saying. I think they thought for the price you should be getting something near mint.

Last edited:

zr0e

Reaction score
Anyone have 11.5 or 11E lindricks or other shell boots and want to swap for 11D Lindricks?

stevefok

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Great news! We've been given the green light to have a GMTO of the Gianni Boot.

The specifications would be as follows.

• Gianni Boot
  • Last: 325
  • Upper: Brown Shell Cordovan
  • Sole: Double Leather Sole
  • Eyelets: 5 Exposed Brown Metal + 4 Brown Metal Hooks
  • Welt: Storm
  • Edging: Antique
  • Pull Tab: No Pull Tab

The full price of the boot will be £650 or £541.67 excluding VAT. Shipping starts from £10 in the UK and up to £70 . For within the EU, America and Canada it tends to be £30 most of the time.

Also if anyone wishes to add shoe trees onto their order these will be an additional £60, of which is also an additional £5 postage.

We already have 8 people on our side so we only need 4 more to make this GMTO happen. Really good chance for those who can't fit the original Gianni boot and for those who want this lovely boot but RL no longer makes it.

Feel free to contact me if you have any question.

Steve

Hi Guys, we only need 4 more people to make this happen. Anyone is interested??

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know this thread is specifically for RL cordovan, but it seems to be the only really active ralph lauren shoe thread. as such, can someone let me know who makes the RL Gavrie double monk (they are made in Italy and retail for $650). Also, how do the sizes run? If I am a 9D in most AE lasts, would it be the same for RL?
Thanks in advance!

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I know this thread is specifically for RL cordovan, but it seems to be the only really active ralph lauren shoe thread.  as such, can someone let me know who makes the RL Gavrie double monk (they are made in Italy and retail for $650).  Also, how do the sizes run?  If I am a 9D in most AE lasts, would it be the same for RL?
Thanks in advance!

I forgot the name (it's not Lattanzi) but I think it's another Italian company that's mainly known for making women's shoes (that's what I read somewhere on the forum).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads