• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Creepy Sartorial Images

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A man with a stocking over his head sitting on a bed in that manner looks pretty menacing by any standards. If you add the story about one of the posters here getting harassed and stalked by a couple of guys, in this particular fetish community, who fantasises about ****** suited men
^agreed, people have different fetishes, but when you harass someone online it's crossing the line no matter wheter your fetish is just bizzare or downright nasty (which is of secondary importance)

- it's pretty creepy (**** culture is creepy on all sides of the fence).

**** culture?
patch[1].gif

Even killing someone is more justified in our culture than **** (vide dexter).
I am yet to see a movie about a really friendly ****** you root for. So yeah it
doesn't exist, at least in West/European culture.

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

There's some really funny stuff in this thread but every half dozen or dozen post I have to go through some bullshit racist/homophobic/transmisogynistic shtick of unfunny brodudes trying to seem clever and it's really off putting. Like how insecure do you have to be to have to make jokes at gay/trans people's expense to feel manly?

And if you seriously cannot find women without makeup that's pretty sad because pssst here's a secret: your mother your potential mates, sisters, daughters, they aren't born with makeup, and one day if you're not careful you might have to see them without it.

Women get raped all the time by straight men, but nobody would consider an average straight man creepy, but when there are gay fetishists that MIGHT target you are they considered creepy. Think for a second how that reflects on your characters.

Feel free to look up stats of rapists by sexual orientation assuming you don't pull up a Westboro citation.

I feel people who point out things like this just do it to appear "above" others. All about their ego, as it is seen as progressive and higher class to dub another a racist/homophobe/bigot/misogynist. Jokes are jokes. It's only your interpretation of them that make them "bad". The whole ******* world needs to chill the **** out and stop making themselves victims of everything.

Chopper88

Reaction score
A man with a stocking over his head

When I saw that photo I didn't look very closely, my thoughts were "What's the big deal here, the guy just photoshopped a spot over his head to become unrecognisable for some reason".
Just looked again, and had a 'wtf, how did I miss that' moment, that **** is creepy indeed!

Whether the guy has some (dirty) sock or stocking fetish, I don't care. But the way he stares into the camera through (his??) stocking is just plain freaky.

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

**** culture?
patch%5B1%5D.gif

Even killing someone is more justified in our culture than **** (vide dexter).
I am yet to see a movie about a really friendly ****** you root for. So yeah it
doesn't exist, at least in West/European culture.

lol

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I feel people who point out things like this just do it to appear "above" others. All about their ego, as it is seen as progressive and higher class to dub another a racist/homophobe/bigot/misogynist. Jokes are jokes. It's only your interpretation of them that make them "bad". The whole ******* world needs to chill the **** out and stop making themselves victims of everything.

This one is not lol it's just disgusting. Maybe that's how your character and personality works, but some people have a sense right and wrong. I'm not the only one who brought this up, and probably I'm loudest because I have the least reputation to lose by being "politically correct". lol at arguing that people do it do it to feel superior. You think calling out people on bigotry makes you feel good? You clearly haven't tried because 90% of the time you get told to sit down and shut up, get made fun of behind your back, get insulted just like right now, told that I'm only doing it to seem superior or "for brownie points", and when someone does try to discuss it they use bullshit logic and anecdotal "proof" despite not having actually analysed the relaxant statistics, be it ****/race/assault statistics or media representation in film shows games literature.

Like I'm sure you might use me not being bothered to start bringing out citations as proof I don't actually have a strong position but I'm pretty sick of doing this all the time. I'm not going to educate you for your own benefit. If you're going to think your half baked, unresearched and unconsidered opinion is valid without really thinking about it and as a result sound like a buffoon to anyone who has that's not my business, just know that I'm not the only one judging you and realising how self centered you are.

I'm not a victim of homophobia or misogyny, the fact that you think I need to feel victimised to cry injustice again speaks volumes about your character.

Also it's easy to say something is not important when it doesn't hurt you. That's how self centered you are. You sound like one of those people who say that slavery ended decades ago so black people should shut up about it. And if you are then I'm just gonna say lol again.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
no I haven't.. was this some reference I didn't get and owned myself :p ?

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If there was a prize or if your opinion/thoughts are something I care about I might consider it. I'm fairly content already that there are at least some people who feel similar, that those with a conscience are now reminded to consider the things they say or laugh at, and people in the future reading through this thread don't think everyone on this forum are privileged assholes showing off how much pretty clothes and the seeming of class their family wealth, upbringing, and education can buy.

If me reminding people to not make crass bigoted comments isn't enough then nothing I'm prepared to spend time to say will. Good day.

PS: And as an aside I'm not saying the sock fetishist stalker a aren't creepy I'm referring to the trend in this thread to joke about homosexuality, transsexuality, and cross dressing. To that end I said that people here would find the idea of a gay ****** more scary than a straight ****** even though there are more of the latter. "Straight men find gay men threatening because they are afraid gay men would treat them the same way straight men treat women." In fact if you count prison statistics there are more straight men ****** men then gay men ****** men.

As an aside wrt crossdessing, I think women in suits can be really hot, if only there are non bespoke options that have a full three pockets, aren't short enough to show off the butt, cut so low and badly so the breast area spills over, rarely ever more than one button with ridiculous stance, and random frills and feminine accents... Anyway I can't believe I'd be the only one who thinks that.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The argument isn't about calling people out on bigotry etc, the argument is on what is being labeled as bigoted etc is growing and growing (and usually not bigoted at all, but rather harmless) people like to whine and chose to be offended and victimized. The world's balls have been cut off. And yes, I do believe people that publicly label things and bigoted, or whatever, when it truly isn't do it because it feeds their ego.

Last edited:

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone who isn't targeted or harmed is not generally a good judge on what is or isn't harmful at all.

Unless you're a sociology PhD or something. Are you?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads