• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

creatine

greg_atlanta

Reaction score
Is it appropriate to use creatine when you're trying to lose weight? In the past 6 months I've cleaned up my diet and lowered my calorie intake (mostly by cutting alcohol to 2-3 drinks per week) and have lost 15-20 lbs off my average weight for the past 3 years. I need to lose about 20 more lbs long term, but no hurry.

I was considering using creatine powder as a pre-workout supplement (with juice or water) with the recommended dose (no loading) for about a month to see what happens. Safe plan, or is creatine just for skinny guys trying to bulk up?

I do a mix of moderate weights, cardio, and occasional classes like pilates or yoga (can't do heavy weights per shoulder problem). I've taken creatine a long time ago before workouts and noticed an energy boost during workouts, but I didn't take it consistently enough to judge the results.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Using creatine while losing is a little controversial. In your case, I'd lay off it. Unless you're pretty hardcore about training, the extra water weight caused by creatine is probably worse than its performance benefits. If you need a boost, try something like Diet Red Bull.

When you do finish losing and want to start a creatine supplement, use it immediately after the gym with your post-workout meal.

Opcn

Reaction score
If you are loosing weight for health then creatine should be fine, if you are loosing weight for some number then Creatine will only hurt your goal. Drink water.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
^^
The bloating part is true for a very small percentage of people. Otherwise myth.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've actually had better results after switching from CEE to a combination of CMH/Creatine Gluconate.

greg_atlanta

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Maharaja
rapid water loss upon cessation of cycle[/url]

So this means you lose the water weight as soon as you stop taking it? Is that the water weight in your muscles and elsewhere?

Sounds like it won't hurt to try it for a few weeks. My motivation is to look good for a caribbean trip 1st week in Dec..... at least for a few days before I get bloated from the booze and food.
tounge.gif

I can easily take the gym routine up a notch or two while I'm taking it (though I don't see myself keeping it up long term).

Maharaja

Reaction score
if you ever know anyone taking creatine monohydrate ask them to flex and feel their muscles

its squishier than normal,...kinda weord

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads